𝟒.𝟒 || 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

As the group stood behind curtains, waiting for them to open so that they could do their number, James mentally prepared himself. Mikeyia didn't know this, but he was planning on getting on one knee and proposing to her when their number was done. He had to do it swiftly, before the curtains closed. Subtly, he intended on just announcing that he had something to say after the show.

𝐊𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥

This was so fucking ghetto! I'm six months pregnant about to do a dance number? I ain't even have time to think, the second that last thought came out, the curtains ripped apart.

𝑆𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑡ℎ 𝑐𝑟𝑖𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙, 𝑀𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐽𝑎𝑐𝑘,
& 𝐼 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎 .45 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.

Girl, I was getting winded like a motherfucker. Thank Goodness this was one of Polo G's shorter songs. What the hell was Marcus even thinking doing this?

As I danced, damn near out of breathe, I thought I had seen Jalen and Preston sitting in the stands together. Chile, that was all it took for me to get my dancing together! I wouldn't want my last few moments before serious jail time being miserable. I smiled wide.

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬

As the curtains were about the close, James ran out of his spot, alarming me. "Bro" I said, but Dovi stopped me. "Let him" Dovi insisted, "he's the smart one. Maybe it's something that needs to be done that we don't know about." I sighed and let James do him.

"Before y'all close the curtains," James called out, "I just wanted to ask my girlfriend a very important question. I cocked an eyebrow, girlfriend? This nigga.

James walked over to Mikeyia, who looked nervous or pissed, and I don't blame her...cause that crowd? It was crowding nigga! I folded my arms, patiently waiting for the most cliche proposal ever. James got down on one knee, and I watched as my girlfriend, Sane'ya, and Krystal looked at one another all overly excited.

"Mikeyia Brayboy" James said, pretending Mikeyia with a ring. "Will you marry me?" Awes erupted throughout the audience. I looked on.

"No" Mikeyia said, making everybody, including me, gasp. "I'm sorry. I thought about it, and I just can't."

"Well it's a good think she said no" a triumphant male voice called from the crowd as two police officers stood up. "Because all seven of you are under arrest. Eight if you wanna include the baby." My mouth dropped, and we all looked at one another. What the hell?

𝐉𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧

"Are you serious?!" Preston asked me, standing up. I stood up with him, "I didn't tell on them!" I insisted, as Marcus, his girlfriend, Dovi, Sane'ya, Krystal, James and Mikeyia were handcuffed and led out of the room.

Preston shook his head, refusing to listen to me. "I'm done dealing with this" he confided. "I've done more than enough. I can't keep going on like this. Mila has been great to me, even if the rest haven't. That alone makes me feel like I owe it to her to be good as well." I allowed Preston to walk away, because I didn't exactly know what to do. I sighed, wondering if this was all worth it anyways. Maybe I don't like men at all? Maybe Preston just brainwashed me?

***

𝐃𝐨𝐯𝐢

"Okay" I said, "are these people trying to help us escape or something? Because why would we all be in the same holding cell?" Everybody had an uncertain look on their face, all shrugging respectively. I sighed, looking over at Mila.

"How long did you think you were gonna get away with this?" I asked her, regarding her money laundering scheme that now landed us in prison, nearly two million dollars in debt. She shrugged, clearly not taking this shit serious.

"Well, I wish this wasn't the case" James said looking at his ex-whatever-the-fuck, Mikeyia. "Because I really don't wanna see some people right now." Mikeyia sighed heavily, as everybody turned towards her. "Yeahhhh" Sane'ya dragged, "what was that about? Weren't you in love with dude?"

"Thank you!" James beamed, "we literally planned a wedding before this and all. Now all of a sudden she says no? What the fuck!" Mikeyia folded her arms.

"I did some thinking and realized that we are far too young to be married" Mikeyia admitted, shocking us all. Typically she's nearly as irrational as Milhoe, but today? Wow. She seemed to be stricken with sense. "And to be honest with you James," Mikeyia went on, "I don't want to be an army wife. Never did. I thought it was a phase so I stuck through it. When I realized that you being gone for months on end was about to be my norm, I realized I couldn't do it."

"Okay wait" Krystal's pregnant ass said, "am I having this baby for nothing then?" James shook his head, but Mikeyia didn't look like she was onboard with him. As if this conversation couldn't get any worse.

"I never actually wanted a kid either" Mikeyia truthfully spoke. "I'll raise this one, no matter what, but I did that because I thought James wanted it. I put myself last for so long and realized how crazy and unhappy it actually made me deep down. I don't want to be associated with the army, I don't want to be married as a teenager, and I don't want to be with a man whose family isn't even fond of me. I'll love you forever James, because you've not only done so much for me, but you have loved me through it all. But, I just can't love you, love you. I can't love you anymore." Krystal, Sane'ya, and Mila started singing that fuck ass Adele song about love in the dark.

"I can't loveeeee youuuuu in the dark!" they screeched, "feels like we're oceansssss aparttttt!"

"Quiet!" A guard yelled, and the three shut up.

"Well" James surprisingly changed the topic, "at least we're not locked up for the last two murders that Dovi committed." My mouth dropped wide open and everybody looked over at me. I stiffened my jaw.

"You single idiot!" I beamed at him, "no wonder you just got dumped while in a damn holding cell."

"What?" Sane'ya asked, "who was the second? And why does James know but we don't?" I shrugged, "if it's any consolation" I said, "James isn't the only one that knows.... Marcus does too." Thank goodness the guards were more focused on the rowdy nigga in the cell all the way down the hall.

This time, it was Marcus looking at me like I just had been with James. "You" he said, struggling to even find the words. He knew Mila was about to fume. Ever since she had found out that Darrius had hid a secret from her, then died in part because of that secret not being known to anybody that might've helped, she's been really uptight about that privacy shit. Unless it was something we needed to keep private... but Marcus and her had their own arraignments. Mila folded her lips in, looking at her boyfriend, who was trying to apologize.

She shook her head, "I don't care" she spoke over an apologetic Marcus. "I don't wanna be your girlfriend if you can't even trust me. As of, I am single."

"Alright!" Sane'ya joked, "two breakups in three hours. We're on a roll tonight yall." Marcus looked like he was about to rip my head off... I wish we still had the handcuffs on right now to be honest.