𝟐.𝟏𝟕 || 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬

Life had been made a living hell for Chase, and he opted, after great hesitation, to leave the ball team. Everybody hated him, as Marcus was a popular and he wasn't. Plus, Mila clearly wasn't down to fuck him ever again, it seemed. She ignored all his calls.

As for Mila, she was a damn circus animal. School was harder than she imagined, so she chose to call things quits once this semester was over, which was in like three weeks... given it was almost May 1st. She was still dating Preston, though it felt as though they were friends more than they were dating.

"Have you noticed we've never really gone on a date?" Mila said to Preston, "do you not want to?"

"Well we can't exactly be seen in public together" Preston replied. "People know that your little sister is dating my little brother. Plus, you said so yourself, you didn't want people knowing you moved on from Darrius yet." Mila stood up, they'd been sitting on her bed together. Even sexually, things were weird. They tried the sex thing one time, and Mila couldn't feel anything, but she didn't wanna tell Preston that.

"What's wrong?" Preston stood up with Mila, but Mila shrugged. "Can we just be friends?" she asked, "this just... doesn't even feel right. And the way we got together and all, it was a mess." Preston nodded.

"Still into Marcus?" he asked, and Mila made a face.

"A tiny bit" she admitted, "but it's not even him, to be honest with you. It just doesn't feel like we're dating really, it feels like we're just close friends or putting on an act to keep Marcus away."

"Fair" Preston said. "So... can we chill? As friends?"

"Of course!" Mila beamed.

Later in the day, Mila did something that it seemed she'd forgotten to do, or maybe just held off on, a while ago. She took the drive to Frederick's jailing facility, as he was very recently officially charged with a life sentence on first-degree murder.

Mila went through the same ordeal as last time, talking through a window then waiting for some iron wall to move, but this time, she was greeted with Marcus, who she clearly didn't expect to see.

"What are you doing here?" Mila asked her ex.

"I could ask you the same" he shot back, eyebrow raised and arms folding. "Here to see Frederick?"

"Yes" Mila refused to back down. "And by the looks of it, it seems that you were here to see him too."

"I was" Marcus said, "wanted to know what went down when you were here." Mila rolled her eyes.

"Look" Marcus said, "we can't really talk now, you're on a time limit. So ima wait for you at the gas station on Elmwood Ave. Okay?" Mila was hesitant.

"Okay" she gave in.

𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐞'𝐲𝐚

Frederick's friend used to be my weed man, but given all that happened, you could imagine that the dude refused to serve me on several occasions. I have since started seeing someone new, and he's bout fine as fucking hell. His name is Jeremiah.

"This is to third fucking time, calling me for weed today" Jeremiah said, handing me a baggie. He looked me up and down, discreetly licking his lips. Well, it looked like he might've been feeling me too.

Jeremiah was about 5'11ish, nowhere near Dovi's height but still tall enough for me to wear heels around him. That's how I measured my men: if I can't wear heels while I'm out with you, we can't date. I'm 5'7, the second tallest out of my friends, behind Krystal and right before Mila. Mikeyia, she was like 5'2 or sum, real small.