𝟐.𝟐𝟏 || 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝

"Ugh" Maya sighed to Mila, Marcus, and Jalen, "I miss my man!" Marcus was at Mila and Maya's house because he was dating Mila, duh... Jalen, he was just there because he ain't got no other friends. Dovi was at the mall, trying to rizz up bitches on his own, and Jalen wasn't all that close with the girls yet. Well, he found Mila to be kinda cool, genuinely. In fact, if she weren't with Marcus, he'd probably get at her.

It was summer vacation, so Maya wouldn't see Jake for a little. Mila chuckled, "I miss my man too" she said to Maya, making Marcus furrow his eyebrows, "even though I'm sitting on him right now."

"Nah" Marcus said, "get off of me." Mila stood up, confused, and looked at her boyfriend. "What?"

"You miss your man?" An insecure Marcus repeated. He already felt inferior to Darrius, but hearing this little joke just sealed the fucking deal. "Kinda ironic to make that joke given your original man is dead."

"My original man?" Mila asked, "Darrius wasn't my first fucking boyfriend, Marcus. And why would you even think to say that? What's wrong with you?" Jalen and Maya looked at one another, dispite the age gap and definite difference in thinking.

"Uh oh" Maya said

"What's wrong with me!" Marcus began, raging, "is that you're here Mila, but you're not fucking here. Physically, I have you, but other than that, you're wherever Darrius fucking is! Probably hell."

Mila couldn't believe that Marcus would say that, given that Marcus was literally best friends with Darrius. But Mila didn't know what Marcus was thinking, and Marcus was really just hurt at Mila's apparent lingering love for Darrius. He said it time and time again, but it was true: he'll never be Darrius. Mila scoffed and shook her head.

"I want you out of my house" Mila said in a low tone. "Now." Marcus chuckled, grabbing his phone.

"Fine by me!" he exclaimed. "But you owe Jalen a ride, and in the mean time, you might as well learn how to be a fucking medium so that you can talk to your dirt-napping boyfriend." Mila nodded.

"We're done" she made clear, Marcus smiled.

"I would fucking hope that we are, Mila."

𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐚

"Woah" Jalen said, looking at the door that Marcus just slammed, with both eyebrows raised. "Did I just witness a break up?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes" I answered, "and if you feel even remotely close to what Marcus feels towards Darrius, then you can get lost too." Jalen put both hands up as if a cop instructed him too.

"Aye shorty" Jalen said, "I ain't know Darrius like that. And even if I did, I'd never speak on dead like that. He was a chill guy from a distant teammate's perspective." I sighed and shook my head, I could feel my face getting hot but I didn't feel like I was about to cry. "I'm sorry" I replied.

Jalen looked at me for a very brief second before looking down, then back at me. "Look" he sighed, "let me take you and Maya out for ice cream. It's her first day of summer vacation, and you could use a de-stressor." I smiled, "if you insist."

"Yay!" Maya cheered, "Ice cream!"

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬

"Look at her!" I nearly popped a damn vessel in my head as Dovi and I hotboxed inside his car, unintentionally finding ourselves across the street from Mila, Jalen, and Maya, who were having ice cream together like some happy fucking family. "We just broke up like two fucking hours ago, you'd think this bitch had a little shame."

"To be honest," Dovi said, "y'all both some senseless hoes. However, I don't like Jalen moving like this at all. And Mila? Man, you already fucking know." Dovi turned on his car as if he were about to drive off.

"What are you doing?" I asked, "I'm mid hit here."

"I'm not gonna go far" Dovi insisted, "just getting the car ready to start moving so it don't look like we was sitting here stalking them. Ima say some shit, then drive like down the street and around the corner."

"Oh okay" I said, "do it."

𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐚

I casually kissed Jalen on the cheek, and he didn't even flinch. It made me wonder.

"Ayo!" Dovi called out, startling me. I groaned, I was doomed and I knew it. He was gonna tell Marcus. Wait, I think Marcus was in the damn car!

"Have some shame, you fuckin slut!" He then rolled the window up and drove off. I rolled my eyes.

"What does slut mean?" Maya asked.

"You don't wanna know" I replied, "just leave it."

***

𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐞'𝐲𝐚

Mila had texted us, asking if we could meet up at whomever's house. We ultimately as a girls group, decided that we'd just go to Mila's. Her sister nosily stood outside the room, waiting for us to say she can come in. I hope she didn't understand our conversation, we were talking about how Jalen asked Mila out on a date to have pasta together, but Mila didn't say yes or no.

"Do you like him?" Krystal asked Mila.

"Who?" Mila replied, "Jalen?" Krystal nodded.

"Girl, I just broke up with Marcus this morning!" Mila insisted. "How could I like Jalen that quick?"

"Because you're Mila" I chimed in. "One day for us, is two weeks for you. You move fast, and that's okay." Krystal nodded at my words.

"I wish I could move that fast" Krystal joked.

"But you should go on that date" I continued. "Doesn't hurt to get to know someone new. Plus, it'll help Jalen feel more welcomed into the group."

Mila smiled, "you're right."

"I'm married again" Mikeyia randomly blurted, making us all look at her. "We back!"

Mila, Krystal and I collectively groaned.