𝟏.𝟏𝟕 || 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫

"I don't wanna wear this" Maya complained as she sat in the back seat. She was on the slimmer side for her age, so she still sat in booster seats. "Collars are for boys mommy! This is ugly and you know it!"

"Maya!" Marissa, the mother of Mila and Maya, yelled, "stop the whining. It's thanksgiving and we're going to a special somebody's house. Get it together right now missy or else you'll be in for a rude, rude awakening when ed get back home."

Mila still couldn't believe she'd managed to get her mother on board with meeting Darrius' parents. In fact, the whole ordeal was actually a lot easier than she imagined. When she proposed the idea, Mila's mother went into full mommy mode. "I bet they'd like my infamous caramel spice pie!" Marissa beamed with excitement.

𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐚

"I already met him" Maya groaned, throwing her head around. "He looks like Mila's dad, Mila has daddy issues." I looked back from the passenger seat, both eyebrows furrowed at my sister.

"And you're about to have tooth fairy issues if you don't shut up" I replied, "they can only collect oh so many teeth at once!" My mom nudged me.

"Both of you!" she spoke, "stop it. Gosh, you two are thirteen years apart and argue like you're twins."

"She started it!" Maya insisted, I scoffed.

"Is short term memory a side effect of being a little cry baby bi-"

"Mila!" My mom screeched as we pulled into Darrius' driveway. "So help me God! She's a little girl, why don't you be the bigger person."

"Fine" I said with a fake smile, opening the back seat and helping Maya out before grabbing the pies.

𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲𝐢𝐚

Because James had so many siblings, and his family and I didn't always see eye to eye, he decided to come to my house for thanksgiving. It worked out anyways, because his family was like, anti-Columbus or something, and didn't believe in this holiday.

I was so excited to spend a day full of eating, parade watching, and cuddling with James, except my body felt even worse than before. I wanted to die.

"Are you okay, babe?" James asked as he stood outside of the bathroom, watching me look at myself in the mirror. I looked at him, "all good."

"You don't have to put up a brave front for me Mikeyia" James replied, reading me like it was nothing. "You've been moving differently for a while. Are you sick? Is something on your mind?"

"I'm like eighty percent sure I'm pregnant" I mumbled, making James go wide eyed. He looked back to make sure no family members of mine were around or heading our way.

"Pregnant?" he mouthed, to which I nodded.

"Well," he whispered, "how much is an abortion?"

"Are you kidding?" I asked, "I'm not doing that."

"Newsflash, babe. You don't have a choice" James rebutted. "Your mom would kill you, you know that."

"You know what the complications of an abortion are?" I asked James. "I could become infertile, I could die... why would I do that."

James shook his head, clearly frustrated. "It's the fact we had this conversation, came to an understanding, and now are back at square one. I can't help but think you got pregnant on purpose." I was taken back, beyond offended.

"Funny you say that" I replied, walking towards my husband, "because if I recall, you promised to pull out, that day in Mila's basement. Furthermore, we never 'came to an agreement' when we discussed kids. I ended the conversation and asked if we could have sex." James folded his arms.

"You know this is a bad idea Mikeyia" he insisted. "I love you more than anything, so why would I ever, ever advise you to do the wrong thing?"

"Whatever" I said, trying to change the topic. "Let's just enjoy thanksgiving, we'll deal with it later."

"Nah" James shook his head, turning his back towards me. "I'm not in the mood anymore. You have a good night Mikeyia."

𝐊𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥

I had one of those annoying big families in which niggas came in from like, six different states. It's a blessing and a curse, but today it was a blessing, because it helped pose as a distraction to get me out of this house and into Renz's car.

I was surprised to see that Renz had his own place alone, though I'd learned he was full of surprises. He was only twenty-two, but lived in a single bed room apartment, which was expensive in Philly, fully furnished and with every amenity needed.

"Lonely thanksgiving" I said, "huh?"

"It's better this way" Renz chuckled. "Less drama, more power. I can sleep whenever I want, ain't gotta worry about my family begging for rides home or just being loud as hell." I giggled.

"Family is annoying, but it's needed" I argued. "I don't know where I'd be without mine."

"Well" Renz replied, "when you've got a shitty, dysfunctional family, you say otherwise."

"Ah" I said to Renz, "sorry to hear."

"It's all good" he answered. "I ain't bothered by none of that. I'm doing good, and with you, I'm doing even better." I smiled, "how cute."

𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐞'𝐲𝐚

"Cheers to our first holiday together!" Dovi beamed like a little girl, holding a Polaroid camera in front of us as his arm rested around my shoulder. "Hopefully, there's many, many more in store."

"You really like me huh?" I joked, "like, you down astronomically bad for me aren't you?"

"I am" Dovi admitted, straight faced, "and I been actually thinking of telling you sum lately, but I don't know how you're gonna take it."

"Just like I take anything else behind a nigga" I replied, "with a grain of salt. So just say it."

"I love you, Sane'ya" Dovi confided, "know it might be early, as we only been in this shit for a few months now, but I swear I've never been fucked up over no girl like this before. Ian tryna scare you or make you think I'm rushing-"

I stopped Dovi with a kiss.

"I love you too" I admitted, "I swear I do. And, well, I've been thinking about it, I think I'm ready."

"Really?!" Dovi asked, "are you sure?" I nodded.

"Well it's a good thing I carry condoms with me everywhere I go" Dovi joked, "but I promise to respect your boundaries, even during this."

I kissed Dovi's cheek, "I know babe" I replied, proud of myself for finally getting out of my comfort zone and cracking open. Dovi slowly lowered my body against the bed, kissing my neck as he did so.