Hoist the Colours

You turned around at the speed of light, automatically covering Alastor, it didn't necessarily make sense because you were too short for it, but it was a reflex. In front of you, in the sky, was an angel, similar to Vaggie but more monochromatic and with shorter hair.

“I propose an exchange.” she said calmly, but the weapon in her hand gleamed warningly *You give me what I want and I don't attack.”

*What do you want?”  you asked, annoyed “We don't have anything fucking here.”

“You have Adam.”

You looked at her blankly, and then glanced behind you. Adam stood in the doorway of the hotel, looking with the same confusion as you, but perked up when he met your eyes.

“I'm sorry, but what the hell? We're not giving him away. He’s not a thing!” you shouted, furious at the insinuation itself. What kind of person is this anyway? Who was this angel?

From behind you, Alastor pulled you back by your arm and you heard his soft voice in your ear. “Stop, dear. Calm down.”

You looked at him confused, surprised that he suggested conforming to what someone from heaven was saying. However, the look you saw on his face worried you so much that you fell silent, looking at Adam again.

“Leave her alone, Lute.” Adam walked up next to you, or rather in front of you, and then waved his hand towards Alastor. The deer grabbed your arm and pulled you back, and unfortunately you couldn't stop him because he was stronger. You grimaced but didn't say anything, letting Adam sort things out on his own

“What is it about? Since I found out that you didn't die forever and are now in Hell, I started taking every step to bring you back to Heaven!” She came down from sky and stood on ground “Come with me, Heaven knows nothing, but everyone there will welcome you with open arms!”

“You don't believe it yourself.” he said, his face remaining emotionless “You're not fucking stupid, Lute. Nobody is fuckin' waiting for me there. And you know what? I'm staying here.”

“What?” she asked, looking at all of you in turn “Have they brainwashed you?”

You saw the man pinch the bridge of his nose and sigh in annoyance. “No, I just feel better here, okay? I've been in Heaven for fucking fuckton years! And now I'm not even an angel anymore.” he raised his hands pointing to his wings “This is probably the only thing left of it, but judging by some people, wings mean nothing more.” he nodded at Husk “Look, I was mad about it too, but maybe it's not that fucking bad? I don't know, I said hell is forever and it probably is, but I guess there are fuckin' people who, you know, deserve a second chance.”

The woman called Lute looked at him as if he had at least insulted her family. You bit your lip in stress, having a strange feeling that this wouldn't end in a peaceful conversation.

“If this is another one of your pranks, it's not funny.” she commented “You have no idea what I've gone to to get this done!”

“What did you do?”

“I came here, made a fucking deal with that idiot because I knew he hated that fucking deer! I helped him fucking get more power, he caught that chick, but he was stupid enough to get caught!” she spoke furiously and you felt shivers run down your spine “And what? Is it all for nothing?”

“Wait, what the fuck? You contribute to this?”

“You could say so, although unfortunately I didn't do it with my own hands.” she crossed her arms

“If you know Vox, you can say that you work with him! Isn't that fraternizing with a demon, huh?” you growled at her “Fuckin' hypocrite!”

“Don't you dare say I'm fraternizing with a demon, bitch.” she pointed her spear at you “Neither of you has the right to exist. And the fact that he wanted something from me just shows how weak you are, no matter how much ego you have.”