Ball

"Well, dear. It's 8 a.m. and you're still in your pajamas?"

So you were sitting in the kitchen in the morning drinking tea, not even getting yourself together. It wasn't even about the fact that your legs were dying, because they still shook when you walked and you had to lean on the furniture from time to time, but more about the fact that God's punishment attacked. Apparently demons were also condemned to this suffering just like humans, which probably shouldn't surprise you but it still does every month. So, with your head in your hand and your tea in the other, you planned to sit there until you were awake enough to make breakfast. Unfortunately, you stayed a while, maybe because of laziness or maybe because of Sinternet, and you were greeted in this state by Alastor entering the kitchen.

"It's the middle of the night, Al." you replied, leaning back on the chair and looking at him as he stood in front of you, arms folded behind him.

"No, sweetheart, it's eight in the morning. Many people have already started working a long time ago."

"As you can see, I'm taking a break from work and relaxing." you closed your eyes, leaning back

"Does this mean you don't plan to get dressed today?" his voice now rings straight in front of you and you open your eyes in surprise to see his face an inch away from you. You flinched in surprise, so much so that you moved back, or rather you fell backwards, almost landing on the floor if it weren't for Alastor who managed to catch you.

"Seriously, ugh! It's not like I'm sitting here naked." you rolled your eyes as he put you back in your previous position

"Well, you don't smile, so you're not fully dressed!" he said with a chuckle and you looked at him darkly

"At least I'm not hiding all my emotions behind a mask."

"My my!" he raised his hands defensively "Someone's not in a good mood today, dear? Maybe yesterday's trip took a toll on you?"

You groaned, resting your head on the table.

"No, I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't be rude to you."

"Apology accepted. Now tell me what's bothering you!" you heard the chair next to you move away and he sat down on it

"Nothing honestly, the combination of painful legs from yesterday with aching stomach from today is not nice." you turned your head to look towards him, your cheek still on the counter

"Have you eaten something stale, my dear? Or maybe you were sleeping in the wrong position? If it's the first one, I'll be happy to help, you see, my mother-"

"I'm on my period." you interrupted him, seeing that he was starting his flow of words and if you let him talk any longer, you wouldn't be able to get through

You made his speech stop immediately and he froze for a second. You wondered if your suspicions would be true and the poor guy would run away in embarrassment or scold you for talking about such things at the table. That's what guys did in the old days, right?

He closed his mouth and you could almost see the gears turning in his mind. Then suddenly, as if nothing had happened, he clapped his hands and turned towards you.

"You should have said so right away, darling! Like I said, my mother had lots of ways to solve problems! So, honey, I hope you've been drinking plenty of water today! Oh, and did you take a hot bath this morning? Maybe it will help ease your pain! Oh and-"

"Al." you interrupted him dismissively, looking at him with wide eyes as he fell back into his monologue "What are you talking about."

"Of course dear, about relief from menstrual cramps! Don't think that because I died much before you, I don't know what it is, haha!" He laughed and walked towards the stove "Give me this cup, honey, I'll make you some herbal tea! Oh, and you don't have to cook again today, I'll take care of everything myself!."