Radio not, hear I come!

You obviously didn't have time for procrastination anymore.

Or, you should say, you couldn't procrastibaking anymore...

Okay, this wasn't the best time for jokes. You must have been tense and ready to work because someone, not you, decided that you had to bake cakes for a hundred people yourself. Not you at all, you would never make such a reckless decision. As an exceptionally mature and rational woman, you took on tasks that you knew you could do alone. Even more, you had no problem saying no to people you knew were counting on you! And also...

Who are you lying to, of course it's your fault. Not only that, but you now had to divide your cake baking work with baking the cakes for Princess, which means you baked at least twice as much as before. You can only thank yourself.

It was Sunday, so you were counting on a free weekend, but well, of course you got up in the morning and a moment later you were wearing an apron. With a speed honed by probably too many years of doing the same hobby, you took out all the equipment you needed. The last thing that was missing was music because you needed something to take your mind off everything.

Your relationship with sounds was strange. Your entire childhood lived in love and hatred for all the sounds in your life. It was hard to describe, which is why you never did it after being called a weirdo when you tried to explain that the noise the other kids were making practically showed up in your head. You didn't like it when you had a literal epileptic disco in your mind, not only because of the sounds irritating you but also because of the colors flashing in your mind caused by those sounds. The next sound that gave you chills was definitely the sound of your parents' voices. You hadn't heard them for several years, but unfortunately you could still recall their tone perfectly in your mind. You didn't like leaving the house as a child, but you didn't like staying at home more, so you once managed to steal someone's MP4 just to have at least a substitute for normal sounds. You had no way to upload your own songs that you liked so you listened to what was available, which was some 80's dance pop and some rock. Not exactly your cup of tea, but you couldn't hide the fact that your heart still warmed when you heard a few notes of these songs.

Your parents were obviously not happy about your achievement, so the device was taken away from you after you accidentally ignored your father's calls because you had earphones on. Therefore, your short-lived happiness was over, but you had no intention of giving up so easily. As a child, you didn't know how to communicate with others, maybe because your parents didn't let you, or maybe because you simply didn't know how other people worked. That's why you took everything on your own shoulders and you decided to look for another source of sounds that would drown out your life and add color to the black and white surrounding you. Fortunately or unfortunately, fate brought you an old radio that barely worked, but you were able to turn it on and operate it. You only managed to use it when you were alone at home, or when you were in a really bad mood, and you turned it on extremely quietly, touching your ear to the speaker to hear anything. For several years of your childhood, you hid the device wherever you could. You knew that your parents often searched your room, looking for anything that would give them a reason to punish you again. That's why when you went out, you took the radio with you so they wouldn't be able to find it. You can safely say that this little box was your first love. Unfortunately, all beautiful things come to an end and despite many years of a beautiful life, your mother has finally found your source of happiness. That's why the radio ended its life on that fateful day. And with it, a part of you died too.

Of course, as soon as you moved out, you invested in every possible sound source. You had a radio at home, although it was used, but in better condition than the one from your childhood, you also had a phone like everyone else in the twenty-first century. In fact, the music was with you wherever you went, drowning out every ambient sound, adding colors to the world around you. Unfortunately, a large part of you was not able to open up to new colors.