Sweet Quarrel

"I literally told you, babe! No one will do anything to you for going on a date! Yeah, yes Blitz, Yeah... Blitz, please, no, don't wear that neon shirt. No, I think he has his eyes on you enough already, you don't need more of it."

You had been standing for a few minutes listening to your friend ranting about how he had nothing to wear, how it was a bad idea, how he should cancel the date. You refrained from saying how hard you should have hit him though.

"Yes Blitz, you can wear your cowboy boots. Sure... What?... yes, you should wear underwear under your clothes-"

Not that you're an expert at dating, you've been on maybe two dates in your life and they ended just as quickly as your desire to talk to those guys. But you had the impression that somehow you had a better understanding of this topic than your red friend.

By the way, you managed to accomplish your goal before the end of the month, so you considered it a success.

The door to the bakery opened slowly and your cat friend stood there. You waved at him while trying to calm down the demon on the other end of the phone.

"Hi Husk! Gimme a moment- Yes Blitz, everythin' will be good, I swear. Yes, you can leave now since you have a date in half an hour, it's better to be there early. Wait a minute, Husk, I'll just-" You closed the door, holding the phone between your shoulder and your cheek.

"Go now and don't call while you're driving, love ya!" You hung up, sighing and leaning against the door.

"I see it's been a busy day?" The cat smiled at you, extending his arm for you to hold on to

"You have no idea! And I'm not talking about customers" you burst out laughing, remembering that you've been receiving messages from Blitzo since the morning.

"I don't even want to know"

You grabbed his arm and started walking towards the center.

"That means my good friend finally asked the prince out! Now I'm just waiting for my other friend to follow this path!" you looked at him pointedly

"And what the fuck does that mean?" He rolled his eyes "I'm not dating any prince, and I don't like anyone"

"You told me something else recently"

"I was drunk!"

"The words of a drunk are the most sincere thoughts!"

"Don't philosophize to me here!" He turned his head to hide blush.

You just muttered, knowing it wouldn't get you anywhere. What a grumpy cat.

The two of you got along surprisingly well for people from basically two different worlds. You had some idea about his times, although you regretted not paying more attention in history classes. Luckily he didn't seem too attached to it and you were glad the guy was moving on and had a smartphone.

Speaking of phones, you got along quite well with various demons on social media. Not that you're a big fan of those in the spotlight like Velvette or Vox. You definitely had your own little group, enough to be recognized in a small circle, but not enough to be picked on on the street. You also managed to find some cool people there that you talked to often via messages, such as Blitz's friends. You didn't have any close contact with them except when you worked at Imp Office, but you followed each other on Sinstagram. You even managed to have mutual observations with the prince of Goetia and his daughter, with Asmodeus and Fizzarolli, mainly thanks to Blitz... But you also got along well with a certain machine-obsessed snake. You had never met him and there was no denying that the guy seemed to want and not want to meet up at the same time. You decided to wait for a good opportunity, after all, why rush when you can talk via phone?