Cop it sweet

Actually doing the renovation was a lot more fun than it seemed.

You had already spent several days non-stop working on your bakery and you were extremely proud of the results. It's true that you didn't do much except new wall colors and patterned wallpaper, but so far you thought it looked quite nice. Definitely better than the previous white walls without any charm. You were glad that you weren't a person who spent money on every stupid thing because thanks to that you had quite a large fund for buying decorations. Although you were wondering whether homemade ones would add more atmosphere...

It probably depends on how much free time you have when you finish more important things.

You really had a good time with Husk, who luckily had some connections and got you some custom furniture. Instead of the usual two tables and chairs, you invested in a set of nice pastel furniture that matches the walls. Husker said it would be a pain in the ass to clean up and you agreed with him, but damn if you didn't want it to be nice and cozy. And well, sweet. You wanted to make your confectionery shop look like a real land of sweets and you strived for it stubbornly!

Plus, you managed to send Blitzo's friend to, well, spying, at your rival's bakery. That's how you discovered that her shop doesn't look very impressive and is just plain black and red. You had no intention of going down this road, hell is red enough.That's why you came up with the idea to change everything to pastel colors so that it not only matches the colors of the sweets, but also stands out from other buildings.

You had the furniture delivered and Husk said he would help you move it in after you finished painting. You were lucky that he wasn't the only one who wanted to help you, Blitzo immediately after hearing about your plan decided that he and his gang had to support you. He considered it one of his missions, so you decided not to get involved. Millie helped you put wallpaper on the wall because you didn't have the opportunity to do it before.She said that she learned the game and did renovations in her own house, so you were very lucky that you didn't have to deal with it yourself. Blitzo was actually helpful with painting the walls, although sometimes he unfortunately went out of line. Not that you cared that much, you actually appreciated him helping more than he did something wrong. Besides, if something wasn't perfect, it was more nice and pleasant in your opinion, because you could see that heart was put into it.

You were very pleased that so many people wanted to help you! Even Fizzy stopped by with some decorations for later! You felt damn embarrassed that Asmodeus himself and Prince Stolas gave you some things like nice curtains and lamps. You even tried to talk to them, saying that you can handle such things on your own and there is no need for them to give you anything, but they made you understand that they have to contribute completely because they deeply believe in your success. Good Satan, you didn't understand how these people could be in hell when they were literal Angels.

Even though you weren't very close to all of them, your heart did a flip every time you saw a smile on someone's face. You were never someone who could perfectly describe what you were feeling and you felt incredibly stupid because there was so much going on inside you and you didn't know how to describe it.

That's why, sitting with Husk after finishing painting, you started the topic:

"Hey uh, thanks for this help, really." You smiled at him "I don't think anyone has done so much for me in my entire life and afterlife. I appreciate it all, you have no idea! I don't know how to repay you, Husk, really..."

"What?" he raised an eyebrow at you "What do you want to repay for? For help? Seriously, give it a rest, besides, I think we already have a, uh, deal, right?"

"Yep, cakes." You sighed as you straightened up and stretched "Cakes for the equally sweet-"

"Don't even finish that sentence."