Cas Learns The Disadvantages of Being Human

Requested by Official_Kim_Namjoon. Cas is human. Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cas woke up with a groan, his head full and fuzzy feeling, as he lay there waiting for it to clear. He groaned a second time, rolling over and looking at his clock to see it was barely six a.m.

Why am I awake so dang early? He wondered silently, rubbing his temples gingerly, before closing his eyes and dosing off again. When he opened his eyes again, it was 7:30 a.m. and he was late for meeting his girlfriend/boyfriend.

"Crap!" He ground out, his voice sounding like his voice was grating over his throat. His throat felt completely raw, making him want to hide in his bed.

He sat up quickly, throwing back his blankets, groaning as the room spun uncontrollably. He squeezed his eyes shut, as he heard his phone start ringing, he clearly couldn't win today.

He opened his eyes, found his phone, grabbed his phone, and answered it, before squeezing his eyes shut again, before the dizziness overwhelmed him.

"Hello?" he croaked into the phone, having to practically yell to have his voice be heard.

"Cas, my love, are you okay?" Y/N asked on the other line, his/her voice sounded filled with concern.

"I think my vessel is broken, Y/N..." Cas said weakly, laying back down, as that helped with some of the dizziness.

"Oh honey, I think you're sick, I'm cancelling our date. And I am coming over to take care of you. Still at the same motel?" Y/N asked gently, making a list of things to pick up on the way to meet him.

"Yeah, same place. We don't need to cancel. I am fine... Just really dizzy." Cas admitted, as the room kept on spinning uncomfortably, making his stomach flip too. "Why is my stomach cramping too?" he asked in confusion.

"Oh, Cas, you're really sick... Go in the bathroom, get in the tub, and I'll be there soon. If you get sick, its okay." Y/N explained, knowing it was not going to be good day for his/her poor sick former angel.

Cas groaned softly, shaking his head slowly, before realizing she/he couldn't see him. "I think walking might be a bad idea right now..." he warned, swallowing hard, as he tried to sit up only to flop back with a humph.

"Okay, no puking everywhere." Y/N said firmly, gathering what he/she needed before leaving to go to take care of their poor boyfriend.

"Puking?" Cas asked, swallowing convulsively, as he tried not to do exactly that, even though he wasn't sure what he/she was talking about.

"Its when food and liquid come up from your stomach, out your mouth and nose." Y/N explained, as he/she heard the former angel start hiccuping on the other end of the line. "I'm gonna hang up, and I will be there soon. Bye." he/she said, before hanging up.

Cas groaned at his/her description, knowing what his future held. He grimaced, as the hiccups set in, jostling him around and making him even more dizzy and disoriented, which of course only made his stomach more upset.

He lay there feeling more and more miserable, hiccuping aggressively, until Y/N arrived an hour later and let himself/herself in.

"Oh Castiel, come on, into the bathroom with you." he/she said, putting down his/her bags on the couch before walking over to the bed. He/she put her hands out to help the former angel up off the bed.

Cas grasped Y/N's hands, his own trembling from the lack of energy he felt. "Do I have to get up?" he whimpered weakly, sitting up slowly, and swaying from side to side as he was still too dizzy to see straight.

"Come on, honey, I'm worried you're gonna puke everywhere, with how dizzy you are." Y/N said gently but urgently, taking in Cas' pale but faintly green face.

"I do feel sick, but I feel more dizzy than anything." Cas said, laying back down, with a soft groan that said just how miserable he felt.

"How about this, I will bring you a trash can in case you get sick, and you just stay there?" Y/N offered gently, earning a barely perceptible nod from Cas. He/she grabbed a trash can and brought it back to Cas, placing it on the floor beside the bed. "It's right here, if you need it." he/she said.

Cas groaned, rolling over onto his side, hanging his head off the side of bed miserably. "Please stop, stomach." he mumbled, curling his legs into his stomach in the hopes that he could stop its churning.

Y/N sighed softly, walking over to his/her bags and grabbed a bottle of pedialyte and walked back to the sick man on the bed. "Try some of this drink. It might make matters worse, or it might help." he/she suggested gently.

Cas took a small sip, only to grimace and hand the bottle back to Y/N. "No thank you." he said curtly, curling into a tighter ball on the bed.

"Oh Cas, how can I help?" Y/N asked gently, not wanting to him to hurt anymore.

"Can you massage my temples?" Cas asked softly, gasping as his stomach pinched uncomfortably.

Y/N nodded, gingerly climbing up on the bed, put Cas' head in his/her lap, and started massaging the former angel's temples gently. "Is that helping?" he/she asked softly, not wanting to break the quiet too much if it was helping.

Cas whimpered softly, his head feeling better, but the dizziness wasn't easing and the nausea wasn't either. "I need to go to the bathroom..." he said urgently, sitting up quickly, and unsteadily walked towards the bathroom, when Y/N jumped off the bed to support Cas' arm to the bathroom.

No sooner were they in the bathroom, did the man collapse on he floor in front of the toilet in time to heave his guts up. Which only caused the room to spin more and more. "Y/N, I'm too dizzy, I can't see." he gasped out, when he got a break.

Y/N rubbed his back gently, putting a hand on his forehead to keep him stable. "Focus on my hands. Let me stabilize you." he/she said gently, touching his head firmly but gently.

Cas nodded and focused on where Y/N had his/her hands, making him less dizzy and disoriented. "It's working... How did you know that would work?" he asked in awe.

Y/N smiled sweetly, kissing Cas' head lightly, sliding his/her hands down to Cas' arm. "I used to get really bad vertigo, and that trick used to help me too." he/she admitted.

"Wow, I had no idea." Cas said, still in awe, laying his head down on the toilet seat, as he was suddenly overwhelmed with a need to sleep.

"No sleeping yet, let me get pillows and blankets." Y/N said quickly, getting up and running to get the supplies needed including the pedialyte, before returning with everything. He/she returned to find Cas sound asleep against the toilet seat.

He/she set up a bed, laid Cas back gently, and laid down beside Cas, putting a hand on the man's arm to give him something to ground him should he wake up dizzy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cas stayed asleep for a good number of hours, waking up with a groan, telling Y/N he still wasn't feeling up to par. Turns out, he was still really dizzy and disoriented, but Y/N stayed for a couple days to take good care of him and get him back on his steady feet.  

I hope you enjoyed this fic. As always: vote, comment, and request away. Love you all! <3 

Hey all, I am in the middle of moving for the next few weeks, so I am not going to be updating like normal, I will try to update every couple days or so. I hope you all are well!