Strep?!

This story was requested by an amazing person who has chosen to remain anonymous. Wee-chesters Sam 12, Dean 16. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean walked into the bedroom that he shared with Sam, to find his twelve year old little brother asleep and shivering under a massive comforter. 

"Great, sick Sammy inbound." He grumbled, knowing he had to wake the kid to assess what he was dealing with. 

He shook Sam's shoulder, a bit rougher than he meant to. 

Sam jerked awake, punching Dean square in the jaw, before even opening his eyes. 

"Ow!" Dean gasped in surprise, putting a hand to rub where Sam had socked him. 

"Sorry," Sam said hoarsely, squinting at Dean. He got out of bed, yawning as he stretched. He shook his head weakly, wincing as he swallowed, and it felt like razor blades going down his throat. 

Dean shrugged simply, knowing he'd have a huge bruise before too long. 

"You okay, kiddo?" He asked Sam, not liking how hoarse his brother sounded. 

"I'm fine, Dean. I got to get ready for school. Got a big test in Biology today." Sam mumbled softly, trying to play off how much his throat hurt and the fever he could feel brewing under his skin. 

"Alright, fine. Gotta leave in ten." Dean said, walking out of the room so that Sam could change.

Sam changed slowly, trying to ignore the goosebumps popping up all over his skin. He knew the room was warm, bordering on too warm. Knowing this fact, only served to increase the spreading uneasiness, that told him he was coming down with something bad. 

He walked out of their room and into the kitchen, about five minutes later. He was dressed in a big hoodie and jeans, looking like he was about to brave snow. In reality, it was a balmy 75 degrees, with no promise of rain or snow. 

"Dean?" Sam asked curiously, noticing that Dean's back was to him. 

"Hey Sammy, I got your lunch here. Need some toast or something?" Dean asked, turning around with two identical people bags in hand. 

"Toast sounds great and orange juice." Sam asked, thinking the extra vitamin C couldn't hurt how he felt now. 

"Coming right up." Dean said, grabbing a glass and the orange juice. He quickly buttered some toast, before handing the full glass and toast to his brother. 

"Thanks," Sam said softly, downing the juice with a wince. He scarfed the toast down, biting back a whimper as the bread scraped at his already raw throat.

"Am I driving you?" Dean asked, ignoring his brother's reaction to the food. 

"Nah, I'll take the bus." Sam said quickly, grabbing his backpack and lunch, before running out the door. 

***skip to school***

Sam sat down tiredly, listening to his teachers' drone on about things that made no sense to his aching head. He blinked a few times, when the bell rang signalling third period was over and it was time for lunch. He sighed with a wince, retreating to the library to hopefully sleep off the headache, fever, razor blade sore throat, and growing sense of nausea. 

He rested his feverish head on a table, sighing in relief that the cold felt good. He dozed for the majority of his lunch break, only to wake up feeling worse. He stood up, having to grab onto the table as the room spun uncontrollably.