Shot Dean = Sick Dean

This was requested by an amazing person who chooses to remain anonymous, but I hope you enjoy this chapter, my friend! Directly following Season 2, episode 14. WARNING: May be triggering. Angst... I hope you all enjoy this chapter!
————————————————————
Opening Excerpt:

It had been days since Sam had been possessed, and shot his brother, yet here he was alive and well. He couldn't believe his brother hadn't held up his end of their agreement. Dean had promised him, he'd end his little brother if he went bad.

The younger Winchester had been stewing and brooding for days, blissfully unaware that night on his older brother.
——————————————

Dean stared at the food before him, before pushing it away untouched. Food hadn't been appetizing since he was shot, truth be told he was just in too much pain all around to be able to realize it had been days since he had last eaten, much less drank anything besides a couple beers that morning.

His mind was reeling, wracking his brain as he tried to understand why he hadn't kept his word and killed his brother. He was after all, a man of his word, but when it came to Sammy... his Sammy... he just couldn't. It was his little brother, the idea that some demon had ridden him to heck and back again, was devastating and made him want to kill every evil sons of bitches he could find.

He leaned his head back, listening to Sam eat in all his angsty depression, thinking the kid should be happy to be alive still. He tensed, as a ripple of nausea washed over him, causing him to stiffen, which elicited a soft groan of pain from his lips, as pain radiated through his shoulder.

He almost sighed in relief, when he saw that Sam hadn't noticed his discomfort or loss of composure.

"Let's go." he said gruffly, seeing Sam was done eating.

Sam followed silently, walking out to the car while his brother paid the bill.

Dean waited until his brother was out of sight, before doubling over in agony, panting through the nauseating pain coursing through him. It took him several minutes to be able to breathe again.

"Sir, are you alright?" the waitress who walked up to the man, as he was doubled over by the restrooms.

"Yeah... Thanks..." Dean said softly, after taking a moment to regain his composure. He still couldn't shake how crappy he felt, but he needed to move on.

What he didn't know was, Sam had witnessed the whole situation in shock.

Sam stood at the door, having realizing the pala would be locked, watching in concern. His brother shouldn't be in that much pain... He had meds from Jo.

He made a mental note to check their med kit later, knowing Dean would put the meds there.

Once Dean was functional, he paid their tab, walked out to the car, and got in. He managed not to make a sign of pain, but his little brother could see out of nowhere, that his big brother was unnaturally pale and had huge bags under his eyes.

"Any new hunts?" Sam asked, trying to break the awkward silence that had fallen between them since that night.

"No, I need a bit longer to heal." Dean said hoarsely, sounding like his throat was torn up.

Sam nodded in understanding, before settling back quietly until they got to the motel. When they got back, he walked to the med kit directly.

"You sick or something, Sammy?" Dean asked, seeing where his little brother was headed.

Sam did't answer as he opened their kit, to find the full pill bottle. "No you are... you're pale, nauseous, exhausted, dehydrated, and shaky." he listed off, bringing a bottle of water and the pills from Jo. "I'm not possessed anymore... Take a nap, eat something, and goodness sake, take something for your shoulder before you keel over from the pain." he said gently, but insistently.

"I'm fine, Sam." Dean said weakly, looking about to keel over where he was standing.

Sam walked over to his brother, took him by the not shot arm, and led him to sit on his own bed. He sat down beside him, watching as Dean leaned into him subconsciously.
"Don't sleep yet, take these." he said, giving the water and 2 pills to his brother, watching him swallow them. "Go ahead and sleep, i'm just going to check your shoulder." he said, feeling like his brother might be too warm for his liking.

Dean shook his head, not wanting Sam to see that the wound site was infected. He groaned as the meds and water hit his stomach, sending it into waves of nausea and pain. He lay down on the bed, shivering hard, as he fought his body's want to go into shock.

"Sammy... It's infected..." he slurred before losing consciousness.

Sam stared down at his brother in disbelief, stunned that he had gotten this rundown in only a few days. He grabbed their bottle of whiskey, a knife which he sanitized, and a few rags and towels. He laid a towel down on the bed, for blood and alcohol, another towel on the floor in case Dean started vomiting and they were too deep in to the wound, and extra towels for cleaning out the infection. He also grabbed gauze and tape to cover the wound afterward.

He pushed and pulled an unconscious Dean over to the be on top of the towel, and carefully stripped the older man out of his shirt. He took a deep breath, preparing himself for the worst, before lifting the bandage and sighing in relief.

"Thank God." he breathed softly, as he slit the wound open rapidly, before he broke his own resolve.

Dean gasped awake, sitting up rapidly, before looking down at the freely flowing blood in confusion. "What the???" he murmured weakly, paling further.

"Easy, its just a small knick. I'm cleaning it... You okay? You look sick." Sam pointed out worriedly.

Dean shrugged, before leaning over the side of the bed and bringing up the meds, water, and beer. He kept bringing up foul smelling alcohol, as that was pretty much all he had in his stomach.

Sam grabbed the older man's good arm, holding it firmly, while cleaning the wound. He could feel Dean heaving in time to his cleaning, which made him work as fast as he could. He waited until Dean stopped to put a new bandage on his brother's shoulder.

"Sit up, I'll put a towel so you don't make too bad a mess. And drink this water." he said, helping Dean sit against the headboard. Before he could hand his brother anything, the poor man fell into an exhausted sleep. He put the towel over Dean in case, before setting about to clean up the awful smelling mess.
————————————————————
It took until the next day for Dean to wake up hungry, another night of sleep to be in less pain with the help of Jo's meds, and another night to be back to chugging whiskey.

I hope this chapter was enjoyable. As always: vote, comment, and request away! Love you all! <3

A small update: I'm still homeless but hope to have free time every so often. I hope you are all well!