Chapter Eighty Nine

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

         ━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

[King's Landing]

It was an early morning in the Red Keep, a certain old lion was currently the most powerful man in the seven kingdoms. He had the biggest army, wealth, and power all around.

Yet, what he didn't have was a legacy secured to leave all of his hard work behind. Future generations established a powerful dynasty for House Lannister.

If only his family weren't such disappointments, none of them had what it took to take his place. Not even his golden son who was currently in a mourning mood.

The golden lion analyzed the weapon in his hand staring at it in awe. "Magnificent."

"Mm-hmm."

"Looks fresh-forged."

"It is."

"No one's made a Valyrian steel sword since the Doom of Valyria. " Jaime remarked."

" They are three living smiths who know how to rework Valyrian steel. The finest of them was in Volantis. Came here to King's Landing at my invitation." Tywin repiled, quite proud of his recent achievements.

" Where did you get this much Valyrian steel?" asked Jaime, who had a sneaking suspicion about his brand-new present.

"From someone who no longer needs it."

"You've wanted one of these in the family for a long time."

"And now we have two."

"Two?"

" The original weapon was absurdly large. Plenty of steel for two swords."

"Well, thank you. It's glorious".

"You'll have to train your left hand. Any decent swordsman knows how to use both hands. You'll never be as good." spat Tywin, without making it sound like he did.

"No," confirmed Jaime

"But as long as I'm better than everyone else, I suppose it doesn't matter," he added, trying to hold on to whatever remained of his Lannister pride.

"You can't serve in the Kingsguard with one hand."

"Where's that written?" he questioned. "I can and I will. The Kingsguard oath is for life."

"The war is over." reminded Tywin. After all this time, even when he had lost a have, Jaime still wanted to wear that god-forsaken white cloak!? If he recalled correctly. It had been Aerys Targaryen that gave him that cloak. "The king is safe," he added, glaring at his son.