Chapter Fifty Two

( A few days later)

              ( A few days later)

Joffrey sat at the head of the council table, a rare sight even for everyone. Word about the failed appeal to the Suguwara clan had reached his ears, and it would be right to call out the perpetrator of that humiliating correspondence.

“I know what you did, little sister. " said he, as he faced Myrcella.

" I have done nothing your grace but sought out the best interest for our house... most of of gowns and clothing comes from the Suguwara clan without their trade agreement we would have to pay triple times the coin to pay for our cloth " Myrcella spoke up.

“You are having ideas above your station, woman. I am the king! Everyone is mine to torment. "

" Any man that says I am the king is no true king your grace " Myrcella commented.

“And any woman who challenges a man is unfit for marriage. Tell me, has your time with the little wild wolf tarnished you? "

“No, it hasn't. I've always had a spine."

" Careful sister, I could have your tongue remove for that little comment" Joffrey threatened.

Tyrion banged his hands on the desk, furious.

“Not before Ser Suguwaras cuts out yours ".

" I will cut his off first Uncle... I am mighty warrior like my father was and no foreigner will threaten me " Joffrey snarled.

“Then why aren't you on the front lines fighting Robb Stark? He would be honored to face the mighty King of Westeros. "

“Myrcella, enough! You will no longer correspond with the Suguwara clan, nor any other nation in Essos. Those barbarians are nothing to us." Cersei yelled.

“Fine. Continue your war and don't come crying to me when the Iron Bank of Bravos refuses your loaning requests." Myrcella exclaimed before walking out of the room.

" She needs to learn her place " Joffrey grumbled.

" I will speak to your sister " Cersei ressaured her son signing wondering what was going on with her little lioness and why she was rebelling aganist them.

It didn't matter for she wouldn't take up with her daughter's disobedience anymore.

As for Myrcella, she had retreated to her chambers, writing on parchment to someone she seemed quite happy to write to. From the looks of the stamp she was using, the letter was meant to be sent to Dorne.

If only her mother did not barge in so suddenly.

" Myrcella, I don't know what is going on with you lately..... but you can't speak to your brother like that... He is the king and needs your support " Cersei scolded.