Chapter Twenty : King's Landing

Welcome to King's Landing ( a few days later)

King's Landing was truly something as the young ice dragon as she looked around curiously

Through the smell was foul as they entered through the small town, Lyarra continued on. She had not expected to encounter that many orphans since the population of the North was less than the capital's. She learned from the recent census that her home was still the most sparsely populated region in the continent.

"Why did you bring me here?" Sansa had asked.

"Sansa, a queen has to get to know her people. A lady is not just for birthing heirs, she is a leader too."

"And yet men like Joffrey put them down every time."

Arya rolled her eyes at her sister's statement.

"If that was how you felt all along, why did you side with him? Lady would still be alive if you were not so pretentious!"

Sansa was very much hurt by her direwolf's death, but she simply had to knock some sense into her Arya's skull.

"We were not in the North when the fight happened. People living South of the Neck have to be good liars because everyone wants to hurt each other for an iron chair that isn't even comfortable to sit on."

"We argue from time to time, it's just that we don't see as much of it back home." Lyarra added.

Arya nodded and followed her siblings to the orphanage.

As the sisters entered the orphanage they looked around and saw sickly children everywhere most of them looked dirty and had torn clothes.

It pains the young ice dragon to see such innocent pure children living in environments like this.

Back at home, the eldest Stark made it her mission to take great care of her people and would always visit winter town three times a week much to her mother's protests.

It was her duty as their lady to care for them, every lady and lord had duty as well as kings and queen which doesn't include provided heirs and ruling but to care for their people.

If there was no people who would they rule over, the people were a key part to a kingdom and was very important.

Commoners didn't ask for much all they asked for was a good living condition, plenty of food and fair rules but not ever ruler was kind or gentle.

For instance, King Aerys The Mad King he would burn enemies or traitors with wildfire and laughed as they screamed, rumor has it that he even beat his own pregnant daughter Princess Shaena who had ridden to King's Landing heavily pregnant with her Uncle Brandon's child.

She had pleaded her father to spare her husband and good father but her father had just laughed at her and made her watch as her husband turned to dust before having his guards beat her and throw her in the dark cells for being a traitor to the crown.