Chapter Sixty Three

        ༺ KAMAKURA ༻

The journey had been far too long for a battle-hardened knight. Gregor Clegane looked out into the sea, smirking to himself. If there was anything that would make his day, it would be bloodshed. He could spot the green leaves of maples, and he could hear the chatter of a strange language. Just you wait, wild wolf…I shall color the heretic banners with your blood.

People would think that he's got a jellyfish for a brain; 95% bloodthirst, 4.9% vices and a meager 0.1% for strategy… how amusing. If he found that wandering pup, he could have a chance to prove those imbeciles wrong.

Walking through the Kamakuram streets, he noticed the curious stares of the people around home, and to his surprise, children began to surround him.

“「見ろ、鬼だ! " (Look a demon!)

A,what now? mused the Lannister lapdog. He glared at the curious children, and approached a girl wearing sky blue robes.

“What did you say?" he asked.

“「鬼は豆が嫌いです、ハイヒ」 " (Demons don't like beans, hihi~}  replied the child, as he threw a soy bean to his face.

There was a custom among the folks of that nation, that they should throw beans to scare off evil spirits. Gregor was confused at the words the children were saying, but he certainly disliked being hit by realistic looking beans.

And then, there was silence.

Soft footsteps approached the public square, causing the kids to shudder. If Captain Akira saw them messing around, the stoic soldier could subject them to worse punishments.

“「では、これを始めたのは子供たちですか? " (So it was the children who started this?), she realized, recognising the Knight who was here for nefarious purposes. She was rather amused at the stranger's predicament; the Lannisters' strongest warrior, covered in beans.

“「彼は悪魔のように見えます、彼もそのように振る舞うかもしれません、京子皇后。 " ( “He looks like a demon, he might act like one too, Empress Kyōko. "), reasoned little Haruka.

“「鬼の心を持った男に手を出すな。"  (“Never mess with a man with a demon's heart."), Kyōko warned, gently ordering the children to disperse.

The empress looked up at the strange man in front of her, her eyes widened in shock and realized who this man was but regained her composure.

" I am sorry for that, Sir… children can be quite wild sometimes, " Kyoko said.

" It's quite alright, your imperial highness " Gregor answered with a slight smile, his eyes beginning to stare at her figure.