Chapter Thirty Two : Marriage Troubles

A few days later

The young ice dragon was in her chambers getting ready for the day with the help of her handmaidens that Jaime had assigned to her normally Samara would help her get dressed but her friend seemed to distance herself from her for these last couple ...

The young ice dragon was in her chambers getting ready for the day with the help of her handmaidens that Jaime had assigned to her normally Samara would help her get dressed but her friend seemed to distance herself from her for these last couple of days.

No doubt not wanting to anger Jaime anymore, Lyarra was furious at her husband for being cruel to Samara and most importantly trying to control who she should be friends with.

The couple had yet to speak to one another, through mostly it was Lyarra ignored Jaime and stared at him coldy at most time deny him any access to her body.

Lyarra knew that her husband was weak for her body at times and knew he found her very beautiful which came to her advantage at times.

Again, she was not happy to spill her guts out at the chamber pot in the mornings, and sometimes in the middle of the night. Jaime had wanted to take her to Pycelle for two days now, but she hated that snivelling excuse of a medic.

Åt Wolf's hour, she snuck out of her room, and sat on a chair. It was in one of the keep's many balconies that she found another person who could help her.

"Kyōko was like that too, before Masato murdered our child. ", he had said.

"You were watching the whole time?" asked Lyarra.

"I did give you some privacy, but I know when someone is about to bring new life into this world. "

"Just from seeing it once?"

"I have a brother and eight sisters. Watched my mother suffer through it all. The last one took her from us. "

"Another daughter?" Lyarra asked.

Fuyutsuki was not ready to tell her that story, or at least the full tale of his family. Instead, he conjured something that looked like a belt from his pocket.

"The healer back home used this to check for pregnancies. Simply tie this around the belly, like an obi. If it glows red, that means you are with child. "

And how Lya hoped it would glow red. As much as she was distanced towards Jaime, she still hoped to give him children that he and she could care for and love them.

She felt the cloth tighten around her, as a soft light began to emit from the cloth. Crimson at first, which grew brighter to achieve a blood red glow.

Much to her surprise, the belt immediately fell off of her, but the happiness was there.

"Congratulations, Lyarra, you are with child. "

" What " Lyarra gasped out in shock.

" Are you sure " Lyarra asked.

" Very sure " Fuyutyski smiled.

Lyarra rest a hand on her stomach and started to rub it gently, " I'm going to be a mother, a mother " the thought scared her she knew in her life imagined she would be married nor a mother.