Chapter Seventy Two

Special dedication to ProtonCoccus  for helping me with this chapter

Special dedication to ProtonCoccus for helping me with this chapter

                     One Month Later

Cersei walked into Euphraise's quarters, intending to snark at her for her choices. She hated how there was someone who would make the little monster happy, how Tyrion will be getting what he wanted today, while she is left empty-handed. She had loved Rhaegar, and the whores Elia Martell and  Lyanna Stark took him away. She loved Robert, yet he was too caught up on Lyanna's death to return her feelings. She loved Jaime, most of all, and a much younger Stark took him away from her too.

Now, the brother that she hates has found someone to love, and Tommen has been set on a match of his own as well. And what of Myrcella, the Dornish scum may have killed her by now, all thanks to the groom of the day!

She found the bride sitting by her mirror, fully dressed for her wedding. Her pale ivory gown was much simpler than she expected; a kimono-style garb, embroidered with little silver roses and green rhinestones as a makeshift belt. The gown's sleeves were slightly sheer, owing to the climate. On its shoulder area was a little lion's head, with what appeared to be an open book under its chin. The trail of the skirt was not too long to allow for easier movement. Overall, Cersei was impressed at the modesty of the dress.

"Interesting concept, Euphrasie. It seems like you were already dead set on marrying my brother. Did your grandmother plan for this? "

"Indeed, it is as you have guessed."

Cersei smiled. Finally, someone who knows her priorities.

"Tyrion, of all lions, why is that?"

"Tales of his intellect. I focused on that most of the time, and not his height or face."

"My concern is, how long can you keep him? A lion is never satisfied with just a beautiful rose."

"I have my ways, My Queen. I would never flaunt my assets to someone who is already well known for his hedonistic ways.". Things he did because you and your father made him miserable. Not the best coping strategy, but he managed to make it so far.

Cersei would have to commend her for that. Most women would give it their all just to bed a Lannister. Tyrion, for all his faults, seemed to be the luckiest in love. If only she could steal some of that luck for herself...

"I wish you all the best in keeping him." she responded with a small smirk. Sooner or later, Tyrion was sure to discard her for a more beautiful prize.

Euphraise knew exactly why the Queen had come to her chambers. Gazing at her reflection, she applied some liner to her eyes, bringing out its striking, emerald hue.