Chapter Five : The Arrival

Lyarra was awoke by her handmaiden Mora that morning, she was bath and dressed as soon as possible

Today was the day the Boltons would arrive along with other northern houses her mother was determined to make a good impression.

Sansa was excited about it and hadn't stopped talking about it the last few days.

Lyarra on the other hand couldn't wait to get this over with, she knew her mother would try to find a betrothal for her.

Luckily her father could hold off her mother for a bit which was the betrothal of Domeric and Sansa.

Lyarra sat back in her vanity chair while Mora combined her hair softly, " Is it necessary to have my hair braided " Lyarra grumbled.

" Of course my lady it's important for you to look proper and representative when the Bolton's arrived you are the warden of the north eldest daughter " Mora exclaimed.

"It's Lyarra you don't have to call me my lady " Lyarra informed her.

" It would be improper to address you like that my lady " Mora pointed out.

" I'm allowing you to so what's the harm " Lyarra questioned turning her head to look up at Mora.

Mora smiled down at the young ice she-wolf she had always been kind and sweet and would often try to get to know her household workers a bit more.

But the girl didn't realize that it wasn't proper for a lady to interact with servants and handmaidens.

" Again it's not proper I'm your handmaiden and you are my lady " Mora explained.

" I don't see you as my handmaiden I see you as my friend," Lyarra said.

" I know " Mora signed.

As Lyarra lay back quietly letting Mora braid her hair she wondered why it was such an offensive for servants and handmaidens to interact with their ladies or lords at the end of the day they were her people it was her duty to get to take care of them and get to know her people.

She had asked her mother about one day and her mother had simply said they were of low status and that their jobs were to assist them in whatever way they needed.

But the young ice she-wolf didn't care that lowborn or highborn didn't matter to her she believed everyone was the same it didn't matter if they had no titles or lands.

But the world she was in begged to differ, she hoped one-day things would change for the better.

                           Later On

As Lyarra was lined up with her parents and siblings, she stood in between Robb and Sansa behind her stood Jon and Theon much to her displeasure.

She had argued with her mother once more that Jon deserved to be up there with the rest of them saying he was Stark her mother had taken it as a sign of disrespect and struck her across the face.