jin ling x lan wangji's daughter!reader 🌻࿐

▶ Requested by - @overlookflowerbayfr

▶ Fluff <3

▶ Female reader 

▶ [Y/N] is Lan Wangji's daughter who is just like Lan Zhan 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Well?! What are you waiting for!? The enemy to walk right into your sword?! Get over here!" Jiang Cheng snapped. Jin Ling glared at the Lans but jumped at his uncles harsh tone. He stepped back, put his sword away, and stood next to his uncle with his arms crossed over his chest, glaring at the Lans or more specifically a certain [H/C] haired Lan who stood, stone faced, next to Hanguang Jun. 

His scowled deepened at the sight of the [H/C] haired girl. 

They both hated each other. Well it was more one sided on Jin Ling's part. Lan [Y/N] never responded to his challenges or dark looks. It only angered him more. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It had been a few months since they had last seen each other. Jin Ling, Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, and Lan [Y/N] were all spending time with each other in the small bustling town that they decided to stop in. 

"Alright lets try and st-" Lan Sizhui was cut off as Lan Jingyi runs off to another stand selling some sort of food. Lan Sizhui looked distressed at this but only sighed. "Never mind then... Just met us back here in a few hours. And please, don't fight." He looked at Jin Ling who huffed and rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest in annoyance. 

"She never speaks!" 

"Mn." [Y/N] nodded and turned around and walked off. Jin Ling was left gawking at her, mouth wide. He didn't think she would walk away so abruptly!

Lan Sizhui chuckled a little before he rushed off to catch up with Lan Jingyi, who was already quite far into the crowd of people. 

Jin Ling spun around to see that he really was stuck with her. Lan Sizhui had run off to find Lan Jingyi. They had just up and left him! With her of all people! She doesn't even speak! She's cold, distant, and never shows any expressions! S-she's like a statue! Just like Lan Wangji! 

Jin Ling, for once, sucked up his pride and walked to catch up with her. 

They spent most of the time just walking through the streets in awkward silence. Neither of them saying a word to each other. She simply looked at the different vendors with the same stoned face while he scowled and grumbled to himself in his head about how his luck sucked and he could be doing something much more important than this. 

One particular shop had caught Lan [Y/N]'s eye as she walked over to it calmly. There sat all sorts of different hairpins. Some fancy others looked handmade. 

"Hello there little lady." An older women smiled warmly as she walked over slowly, leaning mostly on an old wooden cane that looked as if it would snap any second. 

[Y/N] didn't say anything and merely continued to look.

"Why.. you look like you're planning on paying for one yourself." The women commented as she made her way closer to the front of the shop. "Why not let your boyfriend back there pay for it?" She gestured to Jin Ling. 

Jin Ling heard this and his face exploded. Both from anger and embarrassment. 

[Y/N] merely shook her head. "I'm sorry ma'am, but you must have him confused with someone else. I have no boyfriend. He is merely making sure I get home safely." 

The older women's eyes widened a little in realization. "Ah... I'm sorry then dear.. He is a pretty young thing though. Best take him before it's too late." 

[Y/N]'s lips had a ghost of a smile as she handed the women some money. The women took the money and put it to the side, wrapped up the hairpin and handed it to the [H/C] haired girl. 

"It was so nice to talk to a young women such as yourself. It's been such a long time since I have ever got to have such talks like these." The older women smiled warmly, eyes closed. [Y/N] nodded her head and walked off. Jin Ling follow shortly behind her. He had never heard her talk so much before. 

"What was that about.." Jin Ling grumbled. "And since when did you talk so much?!" 

[Y/N] stayed silent. 

"Ugh! Its so frustrating to try and talk to someone who doesn't even say anything! Your so stone faced! Just like you father!" Jin Ling finally exclaimed, loudly, and out of anger. 

The [E/C] eyed girl stopped. 

Jin Ling soon followed, realizing his mistake. He lowered his eyes to the ground in guilt. 

After a few more moments of silence he finally decided to risk looking up at her. However, what he did not expect to see what her softly smiling at him. Jin Ling's eyes widened as his cheeks started too warm. 

"W-Why are you s-smiling?" 

She turned her head to look at the waning moon. "Come on, lets start heading back. Lan Jingyi and Lan Sizhui should be done by now. They must be wondering where we are." With that she started to walk off again. 

Jin Ling snapped out of his shocked state and started to chase after her. "H-Hey! W-wait! Why were you smiling?!" He yelled as he ran after her, brown hair flying out behind him. 

She merely ignored him and continued to walk calmly away, ears burning. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I hope you like it :) 

▶ Would have finished this sooner but I had a project due 

Completed : 9/18/21