wei wuxian x wei!child!reader 🥀࿐

▶ Requested by - @Hayley092076 

▶ Fluff and angst? 

▶ Female Reader

[M/N] - mothers name 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Mom.. W-where are we g-going..?" A twelve year old girl asked. Her hand was being held, more like dragged, by her mother. They were running away and the poor [H/C] haired girl didn't know why. "Dear.." Her mother tried. They paused and [M/N] picked up her daughter and carried her. She struggled slightly but continued to run away. 

"M-mom.. your scaring me.." [Y/N] whimpered. 

"I'm so sorry A-[Y/N]... I never wanted this to happen to you.." [M/N] whispered. Tears were falling out her eyes, her face had a pained look to it.  

"There over here!" A voice yelled making [M/N]'s eyes widened, her blood seem to drain from her face. A rain of arrows came down on top of them. [M/N] shielded [Y/N] and was hit in her leg twice and her right arm once making her trip and drop [Y/N]. They both tumbled to the forest floor. 

"M-mom...!" [Y/N] yelled. She scrambled up and over to her mother who was weakly trying to get up. "H-hang on! I-I will safe you!" She pulled on her mothers left arm weakly, trying to pull her mother with her but she was pushed off by [M/N] herself. "N-no... A-[Y/N].. Leave me.." [Y/N] started to cry. "N-no! I-I can't!" [M/N] shook her head. "I sometimes... wish that you didn't get your.. fathers stubbornness.." [M/N] pulled something out of her bloodied hanfu and handed it to [Y/N]. "T-take.. this.. and run.." 

It was a black flute. 

"W-what am I suppose to d-do with this?!" [Y/N] asked, horrified. She couldn't play the flute! She had never touched something like this before! What does her mother expect her to do? 

"You.. must run now A-[Y/N]..." [M/N] choked back a sob. She had never wished for this to happen to her precious daughter. 

[Y/N] stubbornly shook her head. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji, Lan Sizhui, and some others were doing a night hunt in the forest when they heard shouts coming from deep in the forest. 

"We should probably see what that is all about." Wei Wuxian pointed out. Something felt off about the whole thing but he shook it off as nothing. 

They all agreed and travelled farther into the forest. When they reached where the voices were coming from they were all shocked to their cores. 

A women and her child were being hunted. They weren't even Wens. The mother was shot down and gave her daughter something. The hunters got closer to them. 

They all wanted to help them but for some reason they just couldn't move. 

"My dear A-[Y/N]..." The mother muttered. 

'A-[Y/N]...' Wei Wuxian went ridged. 

"I'm so sorry A-Xian.. I didn't.. want this to happen to her.." The mother sobbed. 

Wei Wuxian's face went pale. 'No.. No.. I-it can't be..! Sh-she died.. R-right? I-I saw her..' 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Something snapped in [Y/N]

She brought the flute up to her lips and started to play. 

Something in the back of her mind was freaking out. How did she know how to play? She had no idea how she was doing this. Her mother forbid her from playing any instrument all her life and now she was both allowed to play something but also she could play it like she was born able to play it. 

The ground shook and soon hundreds of corpses came flying out of the ground. 

[M/N] coughed out blood, it trickled down her chin. She smiled softly at the sight. 'A-Xian.. d-do you see her.. I-I know you.. never truly loved me.. b-but I only wish for you t-to see h-how much y-your daughter has g-grown..' Her eyes slowly closed, the smile still on her face as she wished her daughter good luck. 

"W-what?!" 

"W-WEI WUXIAN?!" 

"Kill he-Ack!?" 

"R-Retreat!!" 

They rushed forward and started to attack the hunters. The Lans and Wei Wuxian just stood there, stunned. She certainly wasn't Wei Wuxian but yet she was just, maybe even better, as him. 

She played just as good as Wei Wuxian once did. 

Something snapped them out of their trance and they all rushed to where the child was. That seemed to snap her out of her trance as her eyes went from red back to the dull [E/C] they once were. Her eyes widened when she saw all of them and she rushed off into the forest. As soon as she stopped playing the corpses all collapsed onto the forest ground. 

All the hunters were dead along with the girls mother who had bled out from her injuries.

Wei Wuxian wanted to run after the girl but Lan Wangji grabbed his arm and stopped him. It didn't matter though. Wei Wuxian was just happy that his daughter was alive and well. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ One. I'm so sorry Wangxian shippers lmao :') Two. I think I went a little off of what you wanted but ehh I'm sorry but I think its still pretty close 

▶ I hope you like it ^^

Completed : 7/27/2021