lan wangji x cold!reader ❄️࿐

▶ Requested by - @overlookflowerbayfr

▶ Fluff~

▶ Male reader 

▶ Side note - I am going to add that [Y/N] will be from a minor clan which I'm just going to call the Shao Clan. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Lan Wangji was just walking along through Caiyi Town when he bumped into someone. They both stopped and looked at each other. 

It was a male. He had long [H/C] that was in a half up half down style. He had [E/C] eyes and [S/C] skin. "Sorry." He muttered then walked off. Lan Wangji stared, then blinked. Then blinked again. His ears were burning? Why? He had no clue. They hadn't even spoken for a second before the man vanished into the crowd. 

Later that day, Lan Wangji returned from his short trip down the mountain. The other visiting Clans would be arriving soon so he made his way to the library. 

A few hours later the library doors opened and in walked the male from before. Both males kept their poker faces, but were both equally surprised to see each other again. Lan Wangji finally recognized him as Shao [Y/N]

Lan Wangji lowered his head back down and continued to read, choosing to ignore the male. The male did the same. He walked around, picked up some scrolls and books then took a sit a little ways away from where the Lan was seated. 

They both sat in silence and peace, reading and writing. They didn't bother to speak to each other they just had a mutual understanding. 

Shao [Y/N] opened the library doors and was surpirsed to see the male from earlier seated at a desk, writing something. Then he realized who it was. 'That is Lan Wangji. My father told me about him. He is one of the Twin Jades of Gusu.' 

After about a month and a half they became close even if they didn't speak to each other hardly at all. They would both attend lessons then after lessons they would both head to the library. Lan Wangji would either read or copy some texts his uncle requested him to copy. Then Shao [Y/N] would either read or work on some work that they were given from the lessons. 

They soon became good friends. 

"Pass me the scroll over there." Lan Wangji asked, not looking up from his scroll. [Y/N] nodded and silently handed him the scroll he wanted. Lan Wangji opened it and started to copy it down onto a different book. 

"Would you like to go down to Caiyi Town and get some tea later today?" [Y/N] asked suddenly. Lan Wangji paused and looked up. Some ink dipped off his brush and onto the empty page. [Y/N] avoided eye contact and instead chose to look out the window nearby them. Wangji's ears slowly started to burn. "Sure, now start working." 

[Y/N]'s [E/C] eyes widened slightly before he looked over at the Lan. Wangji had a small smile on his face while he continued to write. [Y/N] couldn't help but smile softly himself. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Hey hey! I really don't know why I'm saying sorry? I literally put in the description that I update whenever I feel like- but I feel like I shouldn't keep you guys waiting to long when you request something- 

▶ I hope you enjoy! I kinda put this off because I had no clue what to do with this- 

Completed : 8/14/2021