°•~49~•°

[Checkmate]

Suna and Ukai spent three hours looking around for Y/N and they never found her. Suna was itching to know where she could be, and Ukai was infuriated with Suna for having lost sight of his niece.

Suna came to a park back to Ukai's shop. Ukai was bouncing his foot up and down rapidly.

"Maybe she wants to be left alone. I know what happened however I can't tell you what it was. She said she was dealing with it and just never called me after that." Suna explains through the silence.

Ukai is staring ahead, looking at the trees ahead of them. He exhaled, finally coming to terms with the situation.

"I know you won't tell me what she didn't no matter how many times I'll ask. However, I'll let my guard down this once since I know that Y/N is a stubborn girl when it comes to wanting help in any situation." He speaks.

"The only person I ever seen her ask for help for was her father. And if she ever asks you to help her do something then she trusts you with that task. Or is simply testing you."

Suna but the inside of his cheek. He knows that Ukai is right about her being stubborn and not asking for help when she desperately needs it.

"If Y/N doesn't get back to you by morning I'll murder you." Ukai opened the car door and stepped out, closing the door shut behind him. Suna sat in his car for what seemed like forever before leaving.

Suna yet again called her phone. It rang and rang and rang. No answer. When it went to voicemail, he left another message.

Once done Suna wiped his eyes and started the ignition and sped home. On his way he called Kita. The roads are empty during this time of night.

It's more peaceful, much more soothing. Therapeutic even.

This time Suna called Kita and he got an answer this time.

"Hello?"

"Oh...you sound like you were asleep." Suna says softly. Suna heard rustling and Kita clearing his throat.

"I was, but do you need something?"

Suna got quiet for a while. "I did but...I'll let you sleep."

"What's the matter?"

"I'll let you sleep." He repeats.

"It's...nearly four in the morning. What's up? Is it Y/N?"

"Yeah." He admits lowly.

"Want me to swing by and talk about it?"

Suna shook his head. "I'll figure it out. I'll let you sleep."

"Suna you can't keep doing this to yourself. This...problem..." He said trying to find the right word to use. "...you have is making you spiral back into the person you were. Let's talk alright."

Suna wiped his eyes, cleared his throat and pressed breaks. "Get your rest, Kita. Thanks man."

"Don't you da-

Suna hung up and tossed his phone into the passenger seat. He exhaled a breath and shook his head. "Calm down, Suna. Just calm down." He repeats to himself. Suna sat in his car for another five minutes in the middle of the road before he began making his way back to Y/N's apartment. He'd stay the night until she comes back in the morning. She's never been to his house before and he doubts that she'd just show up at his place. 

The only place she would be is her apartment. Suna decided to drown his thoughts away with a bit of radio music or anything really. He finally found music to his liking and drowned himself with that instead. However, thoughts can only be subsided for so long.