chapter 66

We get to the game early having to put things together and stuff I help the girls at the snack table set up and stuff seeing people pull up I left cause well I'm not really good with people I just saw them struggling and wanted to help.I go stand with coach as some of the boys play around after getting ready knowing they gotta go back to the dressing room I mark everyone here on it as I should while on facetime with jay when coach told him he needed to get his head in the game he called so I answered .

Before he called though coach said this is when the boys get more offers when we have opponents like this and stuff so I knew he was basically telling me people were coming to watch the boys and maybe give them offers and all I could think about was my baby dreams of becoming a professional. He deserves it and I hope he makes it forreal. I look at him seeing people start to show up and find seats so me and coach know we finna start and I head to the locker rooms with him as the other team show up in the hallways I had to wait outside because I'm not a boy and I couldn't be in there. "say ma who you with" "what you mean team or boy" "shit boff" "your opponent and jay number 12" "mh" "Quan you talking to the opps girl nigga" I roll my eyes and knock on the boys door niggas get on my nerves talking bout some opps.

I start hearing the speaker phone announcing our team name first to go out they all come out ready to run out jay grab my waist pulling me after he come out I smile lifting his head gear "do good imma stand wit coach the whole time watching you" "I know " he hum I laugh he take his whole thing off flipping his dreads and kiss me softly I look at him and he mumble "you always try me after we kiss like I won't fuck you rih here" "I didn't even do anything and hush people kids are right here " he chuckle  and grab my neck making me look at him he kiss me harder this time and  I say "I'll just- yea" he nod letting me go and smack my ass as im walking away and everybody in the thing look I say "you need help" he shake his head as I cover my face walking away from him this is why I can't wish dis nigga well before a game.

The game start and I'm just watching everything he do on the field only understanding half I'd see him get tackled from time to time but so does every person on the field I would cry a little than get it together but them hits looking personal and it's making me sick it goes to half time and I see some people show up in the middle of the game sitting at da top watching with a clip board and some papers jay go get a drink of water and I follow coach over as he speaks to them.

"you guys doing good but imma need yall to bring this home like any other time but don't get to showing out cause I will take repercussions Monday if I have to" "yes coach" "yes sir" I nod listening jay come over standing beside me and I connect our hands as coach finish talking until half time over they go back out there and I stand with coach nervous I'm too close I need to back up a lil.All this action getting to me bro. I hide behind coach still peaking a little but not too much where I can't stand to look anymore.

Fast forward thru the game we got 14-9 us being 14 I was proud of them honestly but I can see now this sport ain't for the weak.Me being the weak cause yea I wanted to tussle after some of them tackles on the field the other team was giving but it was just because they were buffer and stuff but we were faster I think that's why we won I fix my braids that was in a bun and swoop.I was waiting at the gates for jay because the people with the offers were talking to him and 3 others from the team and stuff sean was good too ciena had waited in the car for him tho she was getting ate up by the mosquitoes.

Bout 30 minutes later we were finally leaving me toting jay bag struggling as he popped the trunk I say "jayy it's heavy I can't " he shake his head grabbing it and opening my door to the car to get in after that we left I ordered some pizza and wings his favorite since he won the game and we watched the avengers endgame for him because I honestly didn't know what was going on I was just tending to him because he took a couple of hits I saw em when he got out the shower tryna hide em talking about it's not even that bad this boy think he hulk.

I patched him up good putting ice packs on his cheat and arms the door bell ring and he start getting up to follow me "I'm finna smack you sit down and rest I know how to answer the door jay" "youn know who it could be tho" I look at him "than I'll see who it is just listen " I fix him back going to the door and ask "who is ittt" "pizza" "hold on" I say unlocking the door covering up in my Robe I open the door as he nods to me handing me everything and leave making sure I got it I make sure he makes it back to his car before closing and locking the door.