Chapter 42

Chapter 42 Tropical Rainforest

    Just after crossing the Dead Water River, Xia Ting's team wanted to find a place to stop for lunch, but the rainforest started to rain heavily without warning.

    Due to the rain, the stench from the rotting corpses of small animals became more intense and disgusting.

    Xia Ting and the others had no choice but to take their backpacks and ignore the rain. They hurriedly cut some banana leaves to use as a tool to protect them from the rain and continued to move forward.

    They need to go to a place where there is no smell, and then find a flat place to stop and build a shelter.

    Finally, Xia Ting and the others stopped by a small lake.

    The small lake in front of me is flowing water, and the water quality is very clean. The deepest part of the lake in the middle of the lake is light and clear. This is the first lake with such clean water quality that I have seen in the rainforest.

    Xia Ting chose a flat terrain a few meters away from the lake as the base. The elevation from the level of the lake to the flat terrain in this place is 5 to 7 meters above sea level, so there is no need to be afraid of being affected by the rise of the lake level due to rain.

    The showers in the rainforest came and went quickly, but after half an hour of hard work, the rain gradually weakened until it stopped.

    Although there are banana leaves on the head to keep out the rain, it is inevitable that everyone's trouser legs are wet, and a lot of water has entered the boots.

    It was wet everywhere after it rained, and it is unlikely that a fire will start now.

    Xia Ting had no choice but to build the shelter first, and Yu Jingjing at the side also followed Xia Ting to build a shelter that was the same as before.

    The two people built it, only Zhu Yunxiao sat on a wooden stake not far away and remained indifferent.

    The solitary figure looks depressed and pitiful.

    Xia Ting and Yu Jingjing looked at each other, and they didn't know what happened to Zhu Yunxiao. Suddenly, they didn't speak or set up the tent, but just sat on the stake in a daze.

    Yu Jingjing walked over and patted him on the shoulder, "Zhu Yunxiao, what are you doing, are you going to sleep on the ground to feed poisonous snakes tonight?"

    Zhu Yunxiao was taken aback by the sudden slap.

    With a pale expression, she said, "I seem to be poisoned."

    "Poisoned?" Yu Jingjing looked at it for a while, and felt that there was nothing different about Zhu Yunxiao, "But you look normal now." "

    Tsk, you wouldn't Want to be lazy and let Xia Ting and I help you build a shelter?"

    Zhu Yunxiao's face was rosy, and his lips were healthy, showing no signs of poisoning at all.

    All Yu Jingjing could think of was that Zhu Yunxiao was looking for excuses to be lazy.

    Seeing that Yu Jingjing didn't believe it, Zhu Yunxiao rolled up his trouser legs, exposing his calf and beckoning Yu Jingjing to look at it: "If you don't believe me, look at it." Zhu Yunxiao

    's calf was a little swollen, and the swollen area was densely tinged with purple, which looked a little scary. terror.

    "Oh my God!" Yu Jingjing exclaimed, "How did you do this?"