Sign Eighteen

The palace that people know as a place where chaos, unfortunate and 'calamity' resides has become the peaceful palace that no one never ever thought of, even once, in their life. People start to realize that several months ago, there was no disaster that happened in this extravagant palace. There was no chaotic fight between siblings, there was no dramatic and dreadful 'stress-release' tradition, or horrifying 'pheromone'. There was nothing but peace. Especially in the Dragon Palace where all the state's matters are being done in this place. The main palace, that is the headquarter governor of the Empire of Malum.

There are several things that are changing here. One that is so obvious is how the atmosphere here that once so heavy and stuffy for one to work, becomes so much comforting than before. The tense that always built up in each person, starting to lose gradually. It becomes a kind of conducive workplace that never people here ever imagined about.

The other obvious one is how it becomes so much quiet than before. There were no sounds of people begging and screaming, there was no blood flooded, there was no uncomfortable nausea where people once felt daily. It is now so silent and calming, and it is not because they are not talking, but, it's just that the way they are having a conversation with each other now has changed somehow.

[ Please sign here and here,] said the woman with her well-known sign language. Who is now having a conversation with the well-known wicked prince who is sitting at his desk in his office while signing the document without hesitation.  

Even people who work closely with him as his attendant, knights, or even the lady-in-waiting are still not yet familiar with the new daily life in this place. Even though the crown prince never acted as wild as the other imperial children, he was still as wicked as them. In fact, he is more wicker than his younger siblings. The threats that he always showed, it was somehow either silent but deadly or loud with the brute. He might be the most rational leader but the dragon's blood is surely flows inside him. He listens to something that is valuable for him but will just slice someone's throat if he hears nonsense. That is how people that work closely with him, defined him. It is also the reason why everyone who works close to him, will have to pass the hellish training before they get the position. The kind of training that is not only focus on the crown prince's matter such as his safety or his responsibility but also their own safety because the crown prince whom they work with is wicked, and that's matters.

So to see him being this peaceful, they still not yet get used to it.

" This project is ongoing right?" asked him, with his deep voice that is gravelly calm. " Are you supervising this project?" ask him while looking at the woman while using the sign language.

and, Irisha, nodded. [ Yes, Your Grace.] with a confident demeanor and efficiency at work that makes her looks so charismatic in people's eyes. [ I will give you the report per week,]

and the crown prince nodded right away. " Okay," he said. As he then looks at her who is tidying up the document on his table. He takes his time for a while enjoying the scenery of where the brunette hair falls down, and the hand of hers will try to brush it to behind the ear. The scene that somehow makes him questioning, is this woman even realize of what he is doing right now. " Arisha told me something,"

[ What is it?] asked her after looking at his hand. 

" She said that she is befriended with a young man near your neighborhood," he said.

and Irisha takes time for a while before nodding, [ Yes. He is a pastry maker.] and she smiles, [ and Yes, Arisha quite fond of him. She always comes all the way to his bakery to play with him.]

and the crown prince stares at her quite a while- as he is now thinking about something while a lifeless smile that maybe only people who are now getting curious about them know about. "... Really? his name is?"