Bound to you

"Babe! Are you dressed yet!" Kelley yells from inside our bathroom where she's currently doing her makeup.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to knot this bowtie but I can't seem to get it right instead it just looks like a 5-year-old has done it. I walk into the bathroom deciding it's probably best to ask Kelley for some help.

"We need to get going so- Wow don't you look handsome" Kelley says putting her hands on the collar of my blazer and smiling up at me.

"Only for you sweet cheeks," I say giving her a quick peck on the lips as I take a look at my girlfriend too. She's wearing a gorgeous Maroon dress with a lace top half.

"You look stunning Kelley," I tell her making her cheeks blush a deep red

"Thank you" She shyly whispers to me.

"Now I need you to do this for me" I say handing her my bowtie with a cheeky grin in my face.

"You seriously don't know how to tie a bowtie," Kelley says laughing at me.

"Hey! I never had anyone to teach me" I say in protest. Suddenly feeling a little sad thinking about the reason why.

"Shit I'm sorry babe, I didn't even think about that" Kelley says putting her hand onto my arm.

"It's not your fault love, I just think about them more in moments like this you know." I say looking down at her sadly.

"I know babe, I know. But I'm sure they're looking at you right now and thinking what a beautiful daughter they've got." She says making me smile at her.

"And I know for a fact they are looking down and telling me that you're way out of my league," I tell her winking.

"Well I'd probably tell them that they're wrong because I don't know what I did in life to deserve someone as amazing as you" Kelley says making me smile at how cute she is

God this girl is amazing.

"I want you to meet them, Kelley," I say seriously having made up my mind.

"Meet them? Not quite sure I get what you're saying here Hayley" She says giving me a confused look.

"Babe I know they're dead I meant the gravestones, I want you to meet them there" I say realising now that it did sound a bit weird.

"Really, you want me to meet them?" She says looking me in the eyes

"Yeah I do love, I really want you to meet them," I say looking at her with determination.

"In that case, I would love to babe," She says kissing me again. A huge smile appears on my face as I pull her into a hug.

"Babe, you're going to crease my dress," She says laughing so I let go of her the grin not disappearing off my face any time soon.