Moving on

"L3!" Julie shouts to me, so I change direction to the left side and send a coss the far corner of the box, as suspected Julie is right there to control the ball and kick it into the back of the net. Julie runs to me and I give her a high five.

"I didn't know if you would remember, we came up with those ages ago," Julie says as we jog back to our own half.

"How could I forget, we won almost all those park games using that system," I say chuckling when I remember the times we would play in the park and some boys would always come and ask us for a match, we would act all innocent and kick their asses.

"What are all these numbers and letters you guys are shouting to eachother," Christen asks us.

"We came up with this system so we can tell the other person where to go on the pitch without letter the other team know. The letters are either left, right or middle and the numbers are a certain point on the pitch. It works every time without fail." I explain to Christen

"I can see that, you guys play like you've been playing together for years," Christen says, I look at Julie and smile.

"We met in college when I was playing soccer, Hayley was studying physiotherapy. We became friends almost immediately and after lessons most days she would help me become a better player. Realistically, I don't think I would be where I am today if Hayley hadn't have pushed me the way she did" Julie says, taking a hold of my hand and giving it a tight squeeze. She's never told me that before and I can't help but feel a little proud.

"You two are really close aren't you," Christen says smiling at the two of us.

"yeah, we lost touch a couple of years back but I'm glad we've finally connected again," I say to Christen, she just nods her head as we get back into position.

Training has been really good, we did some basic drills, to begin with, and then some fitness, we are currently doing a light scrimmage before heading into the gym later.

"Well done ladies, let's head to the gym" Rory shouts to everyone, we all gather up our gear and water bottle and head down to the basement gym. Let me tell you, this is a nice gym, very nice

"This place is awesome!" I sign to Julie, she just rolls her eyes before punching my shoulder

"I forgot you were a gym freak, now you are going to show me up in front of my team," Julie says, I don't try and deny it because I know I will, I've gotten even fitter since the last time Julie and I saw each other.

"Oh and before you start girls, the AC is broken in here, so feel free to take off your tops if you get too hot" Coach says, my face instantly pales when he says this and I think Julie notices.

"Hey, you okay?" Julie asks me, I shake my head no

"My scars" I sign to her, once she understands she pulls me into a hug.