Broken

A shifting weight on my side soon woke me up. I blink my eyes open to see Christen snuggling further into my neck, deciding not to go back to sleep I try and get up but I'm stopped my something holding onto my legs. I look down to see Julie has her arms and legs wrapped around mine like a koala bear and her head resting on my lap. There's no way I can get up without waking these too so I decide to just lie there awake for a minute.

Spending all this time with these two and Alyssa these weeks has really made me think. Most importantly about playing for the national team. I can see how close these three are and by the stories I've heard they all act like a huge group of sisters. And I can't help but want a little bit of that. I've never had a big family, it was just me my brother and my parents, no uncles or aunts and no grandparents either. When they died it was just the two of us until we met mom last year but still she's not around that much, she's busy with her own kids and her job. Sometimes I wish I had that bond that the national team have with each other. Hopefully, I can get some of that with the Manchester City team, they are already so welcoming and a bunch text me this week checking how I'm doing and if everything is okay. Some of these girls I've only met 3 times but they still care enough to check up on me.

My thought trail is interrupted by a low groan from my legs, I look to see Julies face scrunched up as she begins to wake up. I wait for her to open her eyes and look at me before sending her a warm smile. She's about to speak when I use my free hand to put a finger to my lips and gesture to a sleeping Christen next to me. Julie looks up at me in shock making me frown in confusion.

"I can't believe she's actually asleep, she doesn't sleep well without Tobin next to her, no one can ever get her to stay asleep. Except for you apparently" Julie whispers as she untangles herself from my legs. I feel Christen shiver slightly next to me so on instinct I pull her closer towards me.

"Hey could you pass us a blanket, she seems cold and I don't want her to wake up if you said she doesn't get much sleep" I mouth to Julie and she nods her head before running out of the room, she comes in with a big fluffy blanket and lays it over the two of us.

"Do you want anything, you might be there for a while?" Julie asks me, I shake my head no.

" I'm going to try to get some sleep" I mouth to her.

"Okay I'll go get some food and then I've got to head to the airport to pick up Zach, so I'm not sure you'll be awake by the time I get back," Julies says, I nod my head and watch her walk away to the kitchen before turning my attention back onto Christen.

Now Julies mentioned it I can see the bags under her eyes and spots breaking out on her face. I can't imagine what it's like being in love with someone and not being able to spend every day with them, having to wake up to an empty bed instead of your partner coming in with a hot cup of coffee and a kiss on the lips.

That's one thing that scares me about my soul mate, I have no idea where they are on this world, they could live across the other side. If we want to be together someone will have to sacrifice a lot for the other person and I don't  know if I'm ready to do that. My life is finally coming on track but I might wake up the next day and find my soulmate, that's when everything changes. I've finally found the one person on this earth that I'm meant to spend the rest of my life with, the one person that I'm meant to connect with on another level.

Seeing the distress that Christens in really does make me scared, I don't know if they are soulmates, they could be but it is very rare. And the fact that's she this upset over not seeing her girlfriend makes me wonder what will happen when I've finally found my soulmate and we are separated. Are we going to feel some kind of pain from being apart? I mean I already get enough just from her injuries but is this one going to hurt me on the inside.