chapter 78

"Your Majesty...you, your body..."

The little maid who was serving looked at the few traces of blood on Concubine Shu's brocade handkerchief in amazement, her voice trembling slightly.

Concubine Shu gave her a cold look, threw the brocade handkerchief into the incense burner beside her and burned it, "What about my palace, it's not your turn to be a maid." The little palace lady was so frightened that she knelt down and begged for mercy, crying

softly Thinking about it, Concubine Shu didn't have such an uncertain temperament before, why did I bump into her when she was very angry today...

Concubine Shu fiddled with the tortoise shell armor, and asked someone to drag the little palace maid out. The serving lady watched carefully, and seeing Concubine Shu's expression calmed down, she came forward with a cup of ginseng tea and said softly: "Your Majesty, this tea is made by the hundred-year-old ginseng sent by the Fifth Prince today. Said, Your Majesty should put your health first, and you might as well leave it to Concubine Zhen and the others to do the drug testing."

Speaking of her son, Concubine Shu was obviously in a good mood, she took a sip of ginseng tea and shook it. Shaking his head, "These two days are the first time for the palace to test the medicine, and the emperor knows it. Otherwise, how could such a good thing as going to the south of the Yangtze River on behalf of the emperor to inspect it fall on the emperor's head? He just can't tell the priority."

The palace maid said softly: "The fifth prince also cares about your empress, and puts her most important thing on her body." "

My body's body is nothing but a trivial matter, and this country, country and river should be the most important thing for him..." Concubine Shu lowered her head, drinking tea The white mist covered her face.

"Mother Concubine, this is a white-fronted big bug with eye-catching eyes that Wang Concubine went hunting. Its fur has been tanned. After a few more days, the weather will get colder. Concubine Mother will wear this, it will be very warm." There was a piece of emerald hibiscus cake in the bag, and she was chattering carefully beside Concubine Duan.

"It's clearly Li Erhun's work, why are you the only one talking about it, as if the credit is all yours." Concubine Duan smiled, carefully admiring the intact tiger skin in her hand. And Sheng Li sat at the round table with a warm smile in his eyes.

"The emperor also put in a lot of effort." Xia Tian looked back at Sheng Li, and asked as if asking for proof: "Is it?"

"Yes." Sheng Li nodded, reaching out his hand to wipe away the bits of heart crumbs on his robe.

Xia Tian rolled his eyes at Sheng Li, and then said: "Mother, look, I'm not lying. By the way, I heard from the tanning craftsman that this fur has to be dried in a ventilated place for a few days." The

waiter at the side Yinzheng quickly winked at a court lady beside her, and then stepped forward, taking the fur from Concubine Duan together.

Yinzheng said: "Don't worry,

my lord and my concubine, I will take care of you carefully, and I will guarantee that not a single hair will fall off." If a hair falls out, you will be punished with a silver kite."

The maid next to Huanqi Pavilion nodded her head quickly.

Walking out of the palace gate, Yinzheng took a look at Qige and said with a smile: "Sister Qige, my empress really likes you very much now, but I am so envious of you. Look, I have been serving my empress for so many years, but I still don't care about you." It's better than you knowing what your mother likes."

Qige's expression was indifferent, and she didn't see much warmth, "Serving your mother is the duty of a servant girl, Qige dare not expect her to like her, but she wants to serve her comfortably. Sister Yinzheng If you have the heart, you might as well pack up your things quickly and go back to serve the masters."

Yinzheng snorted coldly, but didn't speak any more.

After the two left and there was no one else waiting in the palace, Concubine Duan smiled slightly and said softly: "The last time your uncle came to visit this palace, he brought a majestic little monkey with him, but the little eunuch from the Royal Beast Garden said , that monkey is not doing well these days, he keeps coughing up blood."

This is actually referring to Emperor Zhengkang, because Emperor Zhengkang's zodiac sign is a monkey. Hearing this, Sheng Li frowned, and said in a deep voice: "That little monkey is used to the water and soil in the Northwest, and now it might be a little uncomfortable to move to the capital, but if it keeps coughing up blood, maybe it can survive until Mid-Autumn Festival at the most." He and Xia Tian glanced at each other, "It's just a monkey, mother and concubine don't have to worry about it."

Concubine Duan looked sad, and said: "If it's just one monkey, it's fine. I'm afraid that the little monkey will get sick and cause other pets in the imperial beast garden to get sick. I heard that it has already caused trouble. There are several cases."

Xia Tian blinked, he knew that Concubine Duangui was implying that other concubines were testing medicine, and since he discovered that Gu Chong's new method was to test medicine, many concubines in the harem were moved by the news, especially Concubine Shu. What's more, she has taken almost every elixir that Emperor Zhengkang took--it's not without miraculous effects, at least Emperor Zhengkang began to clearly show his preference for the fifth prince, and even praised the fifth prince in the court several times for "quite my demeanor" ".

Xia Tian thought for a while, and comforted Concubine Duan, "Don't worry, Concubine Mother. The Royal Beast Garden is very experienced in dealing with these diseases. If it can't be cured, there is always a way to kill or bury it." Sheng Li said: "

Mother The concubine can only stay in the palace with peace of mind, it is always an animal disease, why worry too much?"

Knowing that the monkey refers to Emperor Zhengkang, Sheng Li still wants to say "animal", this is very disrespectful, but the noble concubine Duan can hear it Laughing, "Exactly, why should I worry about an animal?" Emperor

Zhengkang was afraid of her mother's family power, forcing Zhao Yuanbai to dare not marry a wife to show his loyalty, and repeatedly resorted to deadly tricks against her two children Concubine Duan really hated Emperor Zhengkang so much, how could she really worry about him? Today's word has been delivered to her, so she is a little relieved, after all, Emperor Zhengkang always has to take several pills when he is away, and the pill is strange, it can really refresh him, so many people don't know what is going on with his body how.

At this moment when Yinzheng and Qige came back from releasing the tiger skins, Concubine Duan said that when they were delivered, the little monkey would bow and hand over very deftly. Sheng Li and Xia Tiandang even promised to find a better one for her. Come.

After the gossip, Concubine Duan ordered someone to bring the outer robe she sewed by herself, and asked the two of them to take it back, and then let Yinzheng and Qige go back to the bedroom to rest, and Qige went to burn the tranquilizing incense again, Seeing Concubine Duan gradually falling asleep, Qige withdrew from the hall, while Yinzheng stood guard in front of the couch.

Not long after Qige left, Yinzheng immediately extinguished the burning incense, and Duan Guifei, who was asleep, immediately opened her eyes and looked at Yinzheng, "How is it?"

"The servant girl has been targeting her these days, and she has found faults several times, but the Qi Pavilion is leak-proof everywhere. The only thing is that she said yesterday that she would go to the Imperial Hospital to ask the medical girl to prepare a new soothing incense for the empress. On the way, she met Ligui. The big palace maid said a few words." Yinzheng said in a low voice: "But the big palace maid servant looks familiar, I remember meeting once in Concubine Shu's palace." "It's actually

someone from Concubine Shu's palace? Concubine Shu? Such a great ability?" Concubine Duan asked, Yinzheng shook her head slightly, "I don't look like a servant girl... she speaks and does things very properly, she looks like she puts her master first, look at that indifferent look, Some people seem to be trained/taught by Wang Jinzhong..." "

But... that one is obsessed with immortality now, and he hasn't come to the empress's palace for many days..." Yinzheng hesitated, and she was not sure if she guessed wrong .

"If it's that one, I feel relieved, after all...heh." Concubine Duan laughed, "Keep it, this palace is not an iron bucket, if there is nothing, it will be really eye-catching." Sheng

Li After bidding farewell to Concubine Duan with Xia Tian, ​​they went to the newly built Changsheng Pavilion in the palace - the place where Emperor Zhengkang practiced Taoism and alchemy, and went to kneel down to ask for an audience. As expected, Emperor Zhengkang refused. .

When passing by the imperial garden, they bumped into the fourth prince on the path of Furong Forest.

Because Emperor Zhengkang was persecuted not to take too many pills, the fourth prince was not comfortable these days. Now Emperor Zhengkang showed that he valued the fifth prince, which gave him quite a headache. The other brothers were also eyeing him, wanting to Take advantage of this opportunity to pull him down in one fell swoop, so that you can lose one opponent in the future.

He went to see his mother and concubine today, but the concubine Lan was still grounded in the palace because of "disrespect in front of the imperial court". She couldn't help him at all, which made the fourth prince even more angry. The emperor's younger brother, who has been imprisoned for more than ten years, now has the power to compete with him, so he couldn't help but gritted his teeth.

But after all, he is not as reckless as the third prince. When he saw the two of them, he could still approach them with a smile. It was difficult for Xia Tian to feel the slightest kindness from him. Then, the topic suddenly changed, and the matter of Emperor Zhengkang's alchemy was mentioned again.

"Thirteenth brother, father's dragon body is the most important thing, how can he indulge in the illusory alchemy and immortality?"

Xia Tian and Sheng Li looked at each other, sighed, and said: "Fourth brother is right, but now father The emperor only listens to Brother Wuhuang... I went to ask for an interview with the concubine just now, but my father didn't agree to it. On the contrary, Brother Wuhuang said that he came back from inspection to ask for an interview, and he was summoned the moment he arrived..." Sheng Li said in a timely

manner Gently patted Xia Tian on the shoulder, "My lord, don't worry, who doesn't know that the father is looking for Brother Wu Huang, I'm afraid it is not impossible to be honored and favored in the future."

Xia Tian nodded, "Who said No."

The fourth prince was thoughtful, and after bidding farewell to the two, he lifted his sleeves and went straight to the Changsheng Pavilion. Emperor Zhengkang was having a long discussion with that Taoist, and when he heard that it was the fourth prince, he announced it impatiently. Wang Jinzhong waved his hand, "Let him go down, why, the fourth child still wants to threaten me with death remonstrance?"

Wang Gonggong passed on the original words, and the fourth prince's face paled instantly, he squeezed his fist, very reluctantly He squeezed out a smile, "Please tell my father-in-law, the emperor asks him to take the dragon body as the most important thing." Wang Jinzhong

flicked his whisk, "I know."

Seeing his indifferent attitude, the fourth prince became more and more jealous, but A servant, to put on such a big posture in front of him, a prince, if he is the emperor, he will definitely... The

fourth prince squinted his eyes, looked up at the shadowy figure on the attic, he and Xia Tian couldn't get in I went to the attic, but the Fifth Prince was sitting inside.