chapter 66

Sheng Li patted the little fox on the back lightly. Seeing the little fox kick his legs, he put him on the ground again.

As soon as Xia Tian landed on the ground, he immediately pulled some hay on the ground with his paws to cover up the blood that had already turned black and seeped into the cracks of the stone bricks.

After more than ten years, the dark guard only found out that after the murder, the dead "bastard" was thrown into the wilderness by bandits, but he didn't know where it was thrown or how restrained it was. Seeing that the two of them should return to the capital , Xia Tian asked Sheng Li if he wanted to come to the mountains to find the remains of his parents in this life.

He knew that although Sheng Li never said it, he was somewhat grateful. After all, if Sheng Qingsong hadn't been ruthless, the owner of this life should have been born in a wealthy family, loved by his parents, and lived a happy life. Just thinking of this One point is enough for the little fox to hate Sheng Qingsong to the bone.

The two of them knew that they might not find anything on this mountain, but they just wanted peace of mind, and the little fox ran around the ruined temple and its vicinity, pawing carefully in the grass, hoping to find a little bit of it. The possible traces left by Sheng Qingyun and his wife.

He sniffed here and there, and walked away without knowing it. Sheng Li looked around distractedly, and there was only a handful of white hairs protruding from the grass!

Sheng Li laughed, thinking that after coming to this small world, there are many rules, and Xia Tian might be arrested too. You must know that in the previous world, when he didn't want to turn into a fox, he could go out and run immediately?

While thinking about it, Sheng Li carefully looked at the ruined temple, trying to restore the scene of Sheng Qingyun and his wife staying overnight with their young son... Suddenly there was a strange movement in his ear, his eyebrows frowned, and he almost instinctively turned towards Xia Tim's direction ran.

Xia Tian was also keenly aware of changes in his surroundings, his furry ears turned slightly, and immediately turned around and ran back following Sheng Li's breath.

This person and the fox moved quickly, as soon as the little fox ran away, a feathered arrow stuck in the position where he had just stopped.

Sheng Li tightly protected the little fox that jumped on him in his arms, with a gloomy expression, "Who?!"

As he spoke, he strode forward and raised his hand to pull out the feathered arrow. Because the archer was not strong enough, the feathered arrow stuck crookedly on the ground. The arrow was cut from willow wood with crow feathers on the tip. The workmanship was sloppy, but the tip of the arrow was cut sharply. If Xia Tian hadn't run fast just now, the skin would have been scratched if it didn't bleed.

There were rustling sounds in the woods in the distance, and a moment later, a little boy with a mournful face stood up from the bushes, his eyes were red, "My lord, I... I don't know it's my lord's fox!" "

Xia Tian licked his paw, but didn't make a sound. He himself was also afraid, he forgot that this was not the peaceful modern society back then, not to mention that there were people who dared to change guns in the hope of killing him, once he got here, once he turned into a fox, he would be nothing in the eyes of others It's a beast that can only be hunted, and it's fine if he gets injured, but he still has a Taoist companion contract with Sheng Li!

If Sheng Li was injured because of himself, the little fox would die of guilt.

Sheng Li pinched the little fox's ears reassuringly, and looked at the little boy. The other party's clothes were simple and clean, but he probably ran around in the woods looking for prey, and there were some faint marks on his face and bare/exposed arms.

The child probably also saw Sheng Li dressed up luxuriously, so he didn't dare to run away, but threw it away. He walked up and knelt down and kowtowed obediently, "My lord, forgive me, I didn't know that this is a fox with a master, I offended you." My lord, my lord, please punish me!"

As a young boy, he didn't cry when he came up, instead he forced himself to state his mistakes and begged for punishment. When it comes to Xia Tian, ​​it's hard not to let Sheng Li become preoccupied.

Just as he was thinking about how to reprimand such a child, a woman's voice came from not far away: "Xiao An—" "

Godmother! I'm here!" The child named Xiao An quickly agreed. With a sound, he explained to Sheng Li: "I came to the mountains with my godmother to find food, please don't make things difficult for my godmother."

Sheng Li can now understand a little bit of children's admiration for their parents. So he nodded, which made Xiao An happy and kowtowed a few times.

Over there, a woman in a thorn hairpin sarong also came over with a basket on her shoulders. When she saw Xiao An kneeling in front of a tall man dressed in a dignified manner, she thought it was the child who had offended the noble man, so she quickly stepped forward and knelt beside her. "My lord, forgive me. I am young and ignorant. If I offend you, please punish me!" She walked in a hurry, and the bamboo basket she was carrying fell aside, and the wild vegetables in it were scattered all over the ground.

Just at this time, a thunderstorm sounded in the clear sky, Xiao An was startled, and hid in the woman's arms in shock.

As for Xia Tian, ​​the whole fox was stunned -

this woman looks so much like her owner!

It's not that the two people's appearances are exactly the same, but that they have a lot of similarities in their eyebrows and eyes. It's just that one is soft and gentle as a woman, and the other is tough and handsome as a man. If you look at it separately, they are both The best-looking characters, no one will think they are particularly similar, but if you stand in one place and look carefully, you will naturally see the similarities.

Sheng Li didn't go to see the woman, he only heard thunder on a sunny day. You must know that he and Xia Tian were split into another world by the nine-day thunder, and the white fox was split into a black fox on the spot. I have lingering fears in my heart. When I first came to another world, I was so scared that I couldn't sleep well all night when I heard thunder. I was afraid that another thunder would strike me and send me to another world. It was Sheng Li who comforted me slowly, and then slowly relieved my heart. Knot.

Therefore, at this moment, Sheng Li was carefully smoothing the fur of the white fox in his arms. When he touched the soft body under his hands, he suddenly became stiff. He thought that Xia Tian was frightened by the thunder, so he became more and more gentle, and comforted him in a low voice: "Xia Xia, don't be afraid."

Xia Tian came back to his senses, opened his mouth to bite Sheng Li's fingers in his mouth, and pulled slightly, motioning him to look at the woman kneeling on the ground.

Sheng Li asked the two of them to stand up, raised their eyes to meet each other, he was also stunned, but it was not because of anything else, but because of this woman, who was five points similar to the prime minister's wife!

Although their faces are slightly similar, their temperaments are completely different. If the prime minister's wife wears gold and silver, it is like Dongshi imitating her posture, then although this woman has not applied makeup, she has a dignified and gentle temperament, but she His eyes were dull, and he looked as if his sanity had been damaged, and he forcibly stripped seven points of that temperament.

Sheng Li quickly regained his composure, pinched the tips of the little fox's ears, and did not intentionally make things difficult for the two of them, he carried Xia Tian and left the forest, and then asked someone to inquire about the woman.

The secret guard checked the news very quickly this time, after all, she was just a woman from the mountains with no background, and no one interfered with the investigation, but she quickly found out.

"King Hui'an, this woman's surname is He. She appeared in the village more than ten years ago. It is said that she came to visit relatives in the village from other places. It was only when she arrived in Xilin County that she found out that her relatives and friends had died, so she lived in a house in the mountains. The old house used by the woodcutter has moved in."

Sitting on a chair, Xia Tian almost imitated Sheng Li's expression when he listened to the report, and he said "Oh" lightly, "It is said?

" Said: "But after investigation by my subordinates, I found that this is not the case. Mrs. He was rescued by Lizheng's wife in the village when she was washing water by the river. She was seriously injured and had no memory after waking up. He got into trouble and threw her into the forest. Because He was rescued by the river, he named himself 'He'. He lived in the mountains for many years, and later picked up an abandoned baby and named him Ning'an—also It's the child that the concubine said that day—that's when I gradually went down the mountain."

After finishing speaking, the dark guard lowered his head, and these days he followed the orders of the prince and concubine to investigate the murder of the concubine of the Sheng family. Surprised, I'm afraid that I have come across some secrets that I shouldn't touch, and the timing of this He's appearance is too coincidental, and her appearance that is slightly similar to Princess An is too imaginative, if... the dark guard dare not think

again , he just listened to his master's orders, some things should not be guessed by him, he just needs to do his own thing well.

Xia Tian and Sheng Li looked at each other, and confirmed: "She...I mean He Shi, she has no memory at all? Is that abandoned baby originally called Ning An?"

"No." The secret guard was quite sure about this, "I have checked with Li Zheng from back then. When Mrs. He woke up, she couldn't even remember the year number. She didn't know anything about it. She only remembered that she had a child named Ning'an , thinking about running out of the village to find the child all day long, but Li was afraid of causing trouble, so he sent her to the deep mountains." "

And that abandoned baby was born by a woman in the village indiscriminately. How did you come up with a name? So it was the name that He picked up after he found it. Maybe it was because he found the child and had a sustenance, so it gradually got better. I heard that when he first arrived, he would yell and yell when he saw a strange man. Then he hugged the child and hid around."

Xia Tian held Sheng Li's hand in his palm, and then ordered the secret guards to go down, and asked him to send someone to bring Mrs. He and the child to the mansion.

"If you want to be upright, you don't have to hide people's eyes and ears." At the end, Sheng Li said.

Naturally, the dark guards dare not refuse.

"That He family..." Xia Tian blinked.

In Aunt Lin's story, the nickname Sheng Qingyun and his wife gave their child was "An Ning".