Chapter 23

Hiiiii. 😂 I feel kinda scared cos I haven't updated in ages. Please don't get mad at me. I am so sorry y'all. 🙏
These are some trying times, but Gods got us.
Enjoy!

*Luna*

Today has been really hectic for me

Today has been really hectic for me. Which day hasn't? If you think its easy to start up a business, you're dumb.

I've been working my ass out to ensure everything comes out perfect, if not perfect, then close to it. Jamari has been so supportive, he's the best. I just love that man. Right now, the tables and chairs Jamari and I chose to order arrived and they're tryna fix them and put them in place.

"Water?"
Luna turned on hearing the voice of Jamari's new personal assistant. She was a decent lady. Really nice and only about her job. Sometimes I feel like she's my personal assistant cos she caters to me more than her boss and I am not even complaining.

"Yes please. Thanks Kira." Luna gulped down the content of the bottle faster than she expected. She was dehydrated.

"Where's Jamari? "

"He couldn't make it. There was this meeting that was set up just as we were about to come over." Kira let Luna know.

Luna couldn't help it that her curiosity antennas rose up. She searched her mind for any possibility of knowing who and why that meeting just popped outta nowhere. But asides being a basketball player, Jamari was also a very good business man.

"Do you know what it was for exactly? "

Kira shook her head while taking a look around.

"She didn't set up an appointment, she said she was a friend and Mr. Carter would be very much interested in what she had to show him-"

"She?" A lot began to run through Luna's mind. She was sure she knew all Jamari's friends. Right? He didn't keep much friends. Alright she shouldn't be thinking like that. Jamari is very loyal and sincere to her. She had nothing to be worried about.

"He better come take me to lunch for not coming" she murmured, earning a chuckle from Kira as they went to join the other workers.

After over three hours of working, the restaurant had taken shape. It was gorgeous. A dream come true. Just a few more touches, hiring and all that, then she could open! After having a tasting and opening party of course. The girls were supposed to come help her but only Tania could make it. Pam called in sick. She's been sick for a few days now, so Luna made sure she'd drop by in the evening to check up on her best friend.

"I'm so exhausted. And I have this test tomorrow" Tania groaned, leaning on Luna like a child.

"Move you big baby. I am not Rameek"

"Keep my mans name outta your mouth girl"

They talked about a lot until Rameek called Tania to come pick him up and take him out for lunch. Their relationship was a joke, and was a very amazing one.