Chapter 20

*Jamari*

"Dead this conversation Luna

"Dead this conversation Luna." I spat at her in annoyance before getting out of the bed.

"What is wrong with you Jamari?! Why don't you see where I'm coming from? You're being inconsiderate!"

I could hear her short self walking behind me. Gosh, she's pissing me off.
After my dads company's party, Luna didn't tell me she had an encounter with Janice, making it worse, Janice had made her research as any bitter bitch would, and now social media was booming with my name and how Luna is my cook.

Luna has not been taking it well, cos everyone wants to see what she looks like, worse, the story wasn't true, it just made Luna look like some thirsty girl.

"I just wanna do my own thing Jah! I've saved enough money. I don't wanna be some lame as girl, living off her boyfriend when she's healthy enough to do her own shit! "

"Stop it! Why can't you see it from my own point of view? Huh? I earn enough for the both of us. You don't have to be my cook no more, that's what you want right? "

"Are you deaf or something? I've been saying wanna establish myself in my own thing. I wanna get my own shit Jamari. I'm not a child, I don't wanna depend on you!"

I scoffed as I retrieved a bottle of water from the fridge, immediately gulping the content down. Luna's bickering has made me dehydrated.

"You're just letting these blogs get to you."

She was quiet. Surprised she didn't respond, I turned around and looked at her. Her eyes looked teary and angry, as she rubbed on her arm.

"I'm not your child, I don't need your fucking permission. I'm going home" she said before jogging upstairs.
Heaving a sigh I followed her upstairs.

"Luna stop. Come on baby let's just talk about it"
She ignored me as she continued to gather her stuff, preparing to leave.

I wrapped my arms around her, earning a hard smack on my left upper arm.
"Damn! Luna what's gotten into you?!"
"Leave me alone dumb ass! You don't care about me! You're ignorant about my happiness" her voice cracked as she began crying.

Women. It takes a lot of sacrifice to keep them sane. I care about my baby. Usually I'd be irritated by this fit she's throwing, but she pulls on my heart strings and I can't be mad for nothing.

Enveloping her with my arms, she pulled away and picked up her bag.

"I guess this is it. I hope you burn the kitchen down tryna cook you some breakfast."

"The fuck? You're so dramatic, damn."
The way she's starring at me with her bag on her shoulder, feet positioned with her toes facing themselves, teary eyes, this girl be acting a movie scene. What does she mean by 'I guess this is it'.?