Chapter 6

*Luna*

I arrived work early today

I arrived work early today. I figured I should sit up and do what I'm paid to do cos the way things are right now with Jamari, he could fire my ass any moment. I got some whipped cream and put on the top of the nicely stacked blueberry pancakes I made for Jamari. I sat the bowl of combined fruits I just chopped up. Now what would he wanna drink?
"You didn't have to clean the mess. I got a cleaning service to do that. But thanks"
I should get used to this nigga sneaking up on me. I turned around and smiled at him before nodding to what he had said. At least he showed some courtesy by saying thank you.
"Coffee or cranberry juice? "
"What would miss Luna choose? " I looked at him in confusion. He looked good this morning, I must say.
"Well I do like coffee " I watched him nod. He looked rather tired. Must be having a hangover.
"I can do that" he finally responded. I nodded and did just that. He shut his eyes and rubbed on his forehead.
I place his hot coffee in front of him, monitoring his movement.
"Drink some water first. You have some advil? "
"Yeah. In the cupboard in my bathroom."
I nodded and headed upstairs to get it. When I realized what I was doing I paused. Jogging down the stairs and back into the kitchen, Jamari turned around and looked at me, most likely wondering why I came back.
"Uhm, where exactly is your room? "
He rose his brows and chuckled at my question.
"The room having the closet who's light bulb you got broken. You don't gotta act all that Luna"
My cheeks were sure on fire right now. So he knew I was in there. I feel so stupid for acting unaware of where his room was. I carried my embarrassed ass back upstairs.

After Jamari had his breakfast , he went to take a shower and he hasn't come down ever since. I kinda want him to be here cos I need some company. Who am I kidding. I grab my phone and go on Instagram. I like a couple of pictures and then I find myself on Jamari's page. This dude is handsome for real. I watched a couple of videos of some of his many wins. Seeing Jamari play made me excited for some reason. He was a bully, Lmao, the way he mugged em other players was hilarious, but the crowd loved him. I'm sure so many women would want him too. The thought of that makes my stomach turn. I shrug off the feeling and continued scrolling. A picture caught my eye. He was kissing a girl on her forehead while gifting her flowers. It was captioned happy birthday babygirl. Wow. He has a girlfriend then. I felt somewhat...jealous? I wanted to exit his page but then I mistakenly like one of his pictures.
"Oh shit" I murmured before unliking it. But that's not gonna make a difference. He has most likely received the notification. I decided to take my mind off him and call Pamela. She wasn't taking her calls, she's most likely occupied. I decide to call Rameek.
"What's up Lu"
"Hi Meeky. How are ya? "
"I'm living, you know. How you doing lil girl" I playfully rolled my eyes at what he said before responding.
"I'm good. I'm at work. Your best friend sure did have a lot to drink last night"
Rameek chuckled at my statement.
"Don't blame him Lu. That nigga has been through to damn much" Now I'm interested.
"What do you mean Rameek? "
"Nah, I'm not spilling his business. Ask him if you care so much " I scoffed at his response. I'm hella curious to know.
"Come on Meeky. Aren't we best friends"
"Nope. Your family. I'm on my way to Jah's by the way" I had no idea he was coming over.
"Alright. "
"Yeah. Tell me tho, are you happy working there? Hope Jamari's not giving you too much trouble. "
I took sometime to reflect on Rameeks question. My job was great actually. It helps me pay my bills and also save up for my dad's surgery. It was actually a blessing. Although my boss has some issues but I'd pull through.
"Everything is great Meeky. I can't thank you enough for this. Your best friend gives me trouble, but nothing I can't deal with " I answered Rameek while looking at my nails that need to get done.
"You know I'm always gonna be here for you Lu, don't stress it. About Jah tho. I know he can be asshole most of the time. But I'm sure when he gets to know you better and feels more comfortable with you being around and all, he'd definitely loosen up" I rose my eyebrows in disbelief.
"Alright if you say so. Lemme get lunch started. See you in a bit."
"Please make me a sandwich! "
Rameek  said before I hung up. That dude seems to want food all the time.
Putting my phone down, I see that I have a notification. @iamjamari  started following you. My heart is racing for some reason. But my like paid off right. Thinking of the fact that he must have gone through my pictures got me asking myself some insecure questions. FML.
I put my phone away and start making lunch.

I made some pasta and meatballs for lunch boy did it smell so good. I had to let Jamari know lunch was ready. I decided to check on him in his room. Arriving the door I was contemplating on knocking.
"Okay, here goes nothing "
I knocked on the door and heard nothing. I knocked again and still, no response. I decided against going in. What if I went in and he was naked. Sheesh. I turned around ready to make my way back to the kitchen but thought otherwise when I heard his door open. Turning around I looked at him as he starred at me while licking his bottom lip.
"Uhm sorry I just wanna let you know that your lunch is ready. You don't want it to get cold". I said, trying my very best to compose myself.
"Aiit. Lead the way Miss. Luna" He said stepping out of his room. I turned around  and headed for the kitchen with Jamari right behind me. Gosh did he have to be so close behind me. I feel so self conscious, considering the fact that he must be looking at my ass. Getting to the bottom of the stairs, we met Rameek who had rudely helped himself to some of the pasta.
"Wooow. Wooow. Luna your fucking my best friend now? " Rameek raised his brows with a rather surprised and playful facial expression.
"What the. Hell no , I just-"
"That ain't your damn business Meek. It ain't your house, she ain't your cook"
Jamari replied Rameek with a smirk. I could feel my cheeks burning due to embarrassment. This nigga just made it seem like I was fucking him. I looked into Rameeks eyes and shook my head. Tryna tell him Jamari and I did nothing. I quickly left the both of them and headed for the kitchen to fix Jamari a plate.

Lunch time was fun, to be honest. Eating with Jamari and Rameek was really interesting. I loved their friendship so much. Rameek brought out this lively and funny Jamari that I wasn't used to one bit. He smiled, he laughed. His laugh was so damn funny and contagious. He wasn't being so uptight. I liked that Jamari.  Now they're headed for practice with them other boys. Jamari said I should make myself comfortable and that he would be back for dinner. Therefore, I'm about to be hella comfortable in this bitch.

*Jamari*

After practice, the boys and I decided to hit the club. I wasn't gonna get drunk or anything. I just needed so e fun time to forget all my worries. The boys and I were at the VIP section of the club and them private dancers we got in here are lit at fuck. As I smoke my blunt, I find myself thinking about Luna. She was real sweet today. A nigga kinda felt happy when she showed some care. I thought about how fat them hips looked today. When she came to call me down for lunch, I wished so bad that I could have her for lunch instead. But I'm not about to be mixing business and pleasure. Or breaking her heart. Cos these girls be catching feelings. But despite all boundaries, I still find myself thinking about her. She's...beautiful. Nah, I can't be thinking about her right now.
I look up and see this broad walk up to me. Looking all sexy and thick. Perfect.
She straddled me and began giving me a lap dance.
"Yo Jah" I heard Rameek say from beside me. I looked his direction and this nigga had three broads all to himself. Typical Rameek.
"What's up? " I questioned him.
"You feeling Luna or something. Saw the way your eyes were fixed on her earlier today. Got me wondering "
I took a pull on my blunt while taking in all Rameek had just said. Releasing the smoke, I faced him again.
"Nah. Not one bit. Did you guys date before or something? "
"Hell no. Luna's like a little sister to me. From when we were little. Our fathers are best friends. I ain't ever look at Luna like that. I look out for her tho. " I nodded at the new info I had gotten. Now I know nothing could possibly go on between Rameek and Luna. I'm happy about that.
Now the nigga made me think about Luna again.
"You wanna take me home baby?" I heard the girl on top of me whisper in my ear. I can't turn down some pussy.
"Sure. We can head out now". She nodded at my response and then, I got up and dapped the boys, letting them know I was leaving.

Shawty couldn't take her hands off me on the drive to my crib. I was really horny now. Immediately I parked my car,  we both got out. I opened the door and we were unable to keep our hands off each other .
"Jamari it's late, why are you just coming back I've been waiting...for you to come eat dinner. " By now Luna was aware that I had someone with me and she now looked pissed.
"Nigga you got a wife ,are you serious "
I rolled my eyes at the broad I had with me.
"I don't got no damn wife. That's my cook. Nothing more" The look in Luna's eyes made me realize my response offended her. I can't deal with this right now.
"You shouldn't have waited up Luna. You can leave. I ain't hungry. " Luna looked at me and I didn't know if she was sad or angry. She nodded and headed back into the kitchen to retrieve her stuff. She pushed past me, hitting my side in the process before slamming the door hard as hell. Now, I feel like shit. i had forgotten the girl from the club was still here until she touched my cheeks and licked my ear.
"Where were we handsome?"