Chapter 8

*Luna*

"Here you go daddy

"Here you go daddy." I placed my dad's drugs in his palms and got him some water. I watched him keenly as he took it. He was in bed. Not feeling too good today, again. I sighed as I kissed him on his forehead.
"Kirk is a stubborn man. He just loves to put his health in danger" I heard mama B say sadly behind me.
"Daddy you have to stop doing stuff you're told not to do. Its for your own health. Your heart is failing for Gods sake! " I felt mama B rub on my back ad I let the tears I've been tryna hold back fall down my cheek. My dad looked at me with sad eyes before holding my hand and squeezing it in his.
"I'm gonna be fine princess. I promise. Don't cry"
"You keep on saying that daddy, but you don't take instructions to keep you fine. Don't you see that you being in this situation hurts me, it hurts mama B too" I cried letting him know how I felt. I'm just really scared to lose him. He's all I've got. My momma left us. Left him for another nigga. She didn't want me, so my dad is all I've got.
"You don't wanna hurt your girlfriend daddy" I said rolling my eyes, referring to him and mama Brenda's relationship. The both of them laughed and held each others hands.
"I'm sorry princess. I'm gonna do better. I promise "
"You better." I said before hugging him tight. He pulled me on top of the bed and rubbed on my back. He pulled mama Brenda into the hug too. This was my family. I wanted everything to be good for them.
"I got something for you both" I reached into my purse before retrieving $5000.
"I got paid yesterday. You guys should use this for your bills, upkeep and any other thing you want. If you need anything else. Let me know. Okay"
Mama Brenda's eyes were wide open, in shock, while my dad's face was a deep frown. Oh how I'm not even surprised at his reaction.
"Child you don't have to do all this for us"
"I have to. You guys are my family. I have to take care of y'all old people " I replied mama Brenda as she laughed at my last statement.
"Where's all that coming from Luna? " my dad asked sternly. I rolled my eyes at him as I got up straightening my dress before picking up my purse.
"I work daddy. And like I said, I got paid yesterday. " He still looked at me skeptically.
"Who's this nigga, what does he do for a living."
"He's a successful basketballer daddy. He plays good" I smiled while talking about Jamari. Things have been really pleasant and cordial between. The both of us. We're more like friends now.
"I see. Why does he pay you so much. He's not tryna wife you is he?"
"Daddy! " I glared at my father. Why did he hate men around me so bad. Mama Brenda laughed as she arranged their closet.
"Kirk leave that child alone. Let her live. Love is a beautiful thing. " I rolled my eyes. These old people don't seem to get it.
"He is not tryna wife me, and we are far from being in love. He doesn't even look at me that way"
"But do you? " mama B said giving me a sly look.
"Leave me alone mama. You guys take care of yourselves. I'm going to work. Bye, love y'all " I quickly left them in their room. I could hear mama B laugh and my dad rant. Leaving their apartment, I boarded a taxi to Jamari's house. I needed to make him lunch. He had a big game tonight. He kept on talking about it.
Ever since that night were I ended up sleeping at his place, we've kinda become...friends? I mean we talked more. We shared some stuff we've experienced. Not too much tho. I noticed Jamari has an issue with opening up. But I really want him too. He's actually a genuine person. Rameek was right after all. I loved going to work now. Jamari still has a smart mouth, but we understand ourselves more. He loves to talk about his grandma. He told me his mother passed after his birth. I was sad for him. He wishes he would have known her so bad. I could tell he was hurting. He visited his grandma a lot now. He always brought me some of her amazing peach pie. Gosh I loved it. He made me feel butterflies in my stomach.
"Oh Luna, you need to get it together. "
Rameek and Tania keep on suspecting that Jamari and I are seeing each other secretly. Ever since they both coincidentally came to Jamari's place and found out I spent the night. They refused to believe the truth when Jamari and I told them. They kept on saying we planned the lie together. Come on. Tania was really happy for what wasn't even true. She should be worried about her and Rameek's funny love life. It was obvious they had feelings for each other, but they couldn't stay an hour without stepping on each others necks. It was funny how they annoyed Jamari so much.
If you ask me; do you wish Jamari would look at you like he wanted something more? I don't fucking know!  Goodness, thinking about that only makes my heart do back flips. I try to ignore those thoughts as much as possible. 
Getting to Jamari's, I walked into the house and dropped my purse on in the kitchen. I can't see him. I heard noise from the gym. Opening the door, I see Jamari on the thread mill. His airpods were in his ears so I went closer. Tapping him on his shoulder, he turned around. Seeing me he stopped the treadmill. He smiled at me, causing me to blush.
"Sup Lulu. You're back I see" I giggled at the nick name he gave me. Everyone called me Lu. But he preferred Lulu.
"Yup. Preparing for your game huh? "
He nodded while taking big gulps of water from his bottle.
"So what do you wanna have for lunch"
He had a way of always starring hard while we had conversations. It made me blush a lot. Gosh and I feel nervous.
"I want a sandwich. And I wanna have it with you. " there he goes, now my cheeks are burning red.
"Okay Jamari. Let's go to the kitchen" he laughed as he followed me to the kitchen.
While having lunch and chatting with Jamari, Tania came in.
"Hello lovers! "
Shaking my head at Tania's statement I munched on my sandwich.
"Loud ass. What's good. How are your roommates." I scrunched my eyebrows at Jamari's statement. Doesn't Tania stay at their dad's place?
"That reminds me. I packing out of that house and moving in with Rameek" I wiggled my eyebrows at her causing her to blush, while Jamari stale faced her. The look on his face was hilarious .
"Stooop looking at me like that Jah. He offered. And Janice keeps getting on my damn nerves. " Tania said being shy as she took some grapes from the fridge.
"And your brains told you I wouldn't let you stay with me" Jaamri asked with lots of irritation in his voice.
"I don't wanna stay with you because you and Luna need to figure out yourselves " I choked on my soda after hearing Tania's statement.
I looked at Jamari as he smirked like he didn't just hear what Tania just said.
"Whatever, you better not be doing grown up stuff with Rameek's lane ass" Jamari said to Tania before heading upstairs.
"You guys need to stop this act and act like you're both attracted to each other" Tania scoffed.
"We're not Tania" I said as I cleared the plates.
"Whatever girl. Pamela has been saying the same damn thing you just don't wanna accept it"

*Jamari*

Tania can get on my nerves sometimes

Tania can get on my nerves sometimes. I mean, I don't have any problems with her and Rameek kicking it, but really, move in with him. That doesn't sit too well with me. I got dressed, preparing to head out.

I have a big game tonight. I've been working real hard for it. Coach's been hard on us. We can't mess this one up.
Honestly, Luna's company keeps me really...happy. She's so funny. She loves to ask stupid questions also, but I ain't fronting.
Heading into the kitchen, I let them know I was leaving.
"Tania come here" I motioned for Tania to follow me. Heading out into the garage, I pulled out two tickets and four tickets and handed em to Tania.
"I want you to bring Luna to see me play. And shut up. Before you say anything smart" and with that, I entered my black matte Lamborghini and zoomed off.

Being on this court got me heated. The game didn't start so good. I'm tryna focus and avoid getting angry here but this opposing team is rough ad hell.
Stepping out during half time. I got some water.
"Jamari" I heard someone softly call my name. I turned around and spotted Luna looking so damn pretty. She came! She blushed and waved at me with a wide smile on her face. I couldn't help but do same.
"Kick some ass! " she shouted while clapping hella hard. I laughed and nodded at her, letting her know I listened.
"You better explain why the fuck you got Luna in here cheering you and shit" Rameek bumped my shoulder while mugging me.
"And you better explain why the fuck you told Tania to move into your crib" I spat back and watched him avoid eye contact while scratching the back of his head.
"Fool"
The game started again and seeing Luna cheer me so hard gave me drive to play real good. The game kept going on and on. It would soon be time up. We had to take the win. I was going for a three pointer until some big headed nigga hit my jaw with his head, causing me to bite  hard on my bottom lip. I fell down ad I tasted blood in my mouth. I could hear the gasps coming from the crowd. I was about to erupt in anger and punch that nigga, until I looked at Luna.
"Get up Jamari. Come on! You can't let us all down. I promise I'd take care of your lip after you win. Fighting isn't worth it" she wasn't loud enough but I was able to make out what she was saying. I found myself getting up, ignoring what happened and getting my head back in the game.
"Yes!! " I shouted. Finally the game is over, and we won. I was able to make two three pointers within the last seven minutes. Lots of people came to hug me and take pictures. The fans were loud and excited. My team was going crazy. I felt happiness overwhelm me.
Finally, I spotted Luna, Tania and some other girl, coming my way.
"Jamari coming through with the win! " Tania said before hugging me and pecking my cheek. I hugged the girl, who I assumed was their friend.
"Sheesh" she murmured whole fanning herself with her hand. I laughed shaking my head at her reaction.
"You were great out there Jamari. Congratulations." Luna said smiling up at me. I pulled her in for a hug. She placed her arms around my neck as I lifted her up a bit. It felt so damn good to hug her.
"Thank you for being here" I whispered into her ear ad we kept on holding on to each other. I kissed her cheek still holding on to her. I don't know why I did it, but it felt so damn right.
"Awww, you guys are in love for real" their friend said smiling hard as hell.
"Exactly what I've been saying Pam"
Luna and I finally let go and her cheeks were rosy. She was blushing real hard.
"Shut up guys" Luna shyly told them.
This has been my best game in a long while.
"Let's go celebrate " Luna said as we all left.
"You said you were gonna take care of my bust lip. You better do it Lulu." I whispered into Luna's ear as her cheeks turned rosy again.