Chapter 19

*Jamari*

Sweat trickled down my forehead as I went in to make a basket. This eve was the company's party and I had a gut feeling about it. Shaking off the negative thoughts doing what I love was the best thing I could do for myself right now.
"Dunk! " Rameek yelled in excitement, but I missed it.
"You're such a loser" he jogged and rudely bumped my shoulder.
Sighing, I decide to take a break. Sitting down on a bench I grab a water bottle, gulping down the content.

"Sup man. You good? You're not at your best this practice so what's up?"
Xavier asked before sitting beside me. He pulled out some cheetos and offered me some.

"I don't know bro. Just not feeling it."
I kept it simple.
"Hm. Relationship issues?"
I shook my head letting him know Luna and I were good. Even after she did me dirty last night, she's still my baby.

"Nah. I've been on my best behavior and so has Lu" I replied after chewing some cheetos.

"I asked cos it be like that some times. Pam's big head gets on my nerves all the damn time. But she has a way of fixing it. Love has a way of fucking my head up"
I shared a small laugh with him. I wouldn't say I love Luna. I mean I do care about her a lot. After Janice, I don't even think I know what love really meant.
I don't want my past to fuck up my future with Luna, so imma have to do something about that.

"Its the party tonight for my fathers company."

"Ooh yeah. Pam can't wait to wear her dress" he shook his head at the thought of it. "But what's bothering you about it tho? "

"Aye y'all didn't save none for me? " Rameek roughly sat by my other side.

"Nigga move. You're all sweaty and sticky. Gross" I pushed him.
He grabbed another bag of cheetos and began to eat like a starved animal.
"Your lame ass is gross too" he said with his mouth full.

"Dude close your damn mouth"
"Shut up Pammy boy"
I laughed at him and Xaviers spat. He always teased Xavier for being whipped by Pamela.

"You stupid. Interrupting our private talk" Xavier rolled his eyes.
"Nigga I'm part of Jamari. Whatever is about him is about me too. Quit tryna get in between us" Rameek scoffed causing Xavier and I to laugh hard.

"You lowkey gay" Xavier teased Rameek causing Rameek to smack him.

"Aiit y'all stop being childish damn." I pushed them apart. This niggas needed to grow up. They were always stepping on each others necks.

"You're gonna be hearing from my wife" Rameek squinted at Xavier pretending to breathe heavily, all angered up.

"Tania ain't finna do nothing"
"Are y'all about to hear me out or what?"

They finally kept quiet giving me their attentions.

"I don't know if I'm ready for Luna to meet my family and worse Janice and her husband" I scoffed. "Luna's already excited about going and I don't wanna spoil that for her. I don't really think I'm ready for her and Janice to be in the same room"

"Nigga don't tell me you're still feeling Janice?! " Rameek yelled.

"Hell no! What I meant was, Janice is a sneaky, poisonous female. I don't want her making Luna uncomfortable. You should know better knuckle head, the fuck? "

"Sorry" he mumbled before gulping down some water.
Shaking my head, I take a quick survey of the court, watching my other team mates play.

"I just have a bad feeling that something bad might happen you know. And I'm not even sure if Luna's ready for all that. I keep telling her not to be bothered about it and all that, but today I'm the one who's bothered. I probably shouldn't bring Luna along with me." I murmured the last part, but sure enough they heard me.