Chapter 1

*Luna*

*Luna*

"His diet needs to be changed, I'd refer you to a nutritionist who's a very good friend of mine. He'd tell you all yo

u need to know. His heart is stable for now, but Miss Luna it's getting weaker, a transplant might be...."

Right there was when I went deaf.
Starring into Dr. Dean's eyes all that went through my mind was my internal screaming. It felt like I was the one who need

d a heart transplant. I'm so

helpless right now. I reminisced on my conversation with my landlord earlier

"Miss. Deshawn, don't think I don't know your rents been due  2 weeks now, I'm letting you stay because you're just so beautiful and helpless. You might just

take up my offer sweetheart, and you won't have to worry about your rent anymore"
   Over my dead body. Disgusting. He has some guts. Gosh I'm beginning to get a headache. I can't deal with this right now. I take in deep breaths, trying to ease my mind of its burdens. A heart transplant?  How did dad's health get to this. Oh goodness, I didn't think my mother's cruel act towards him would result in this. I just wanna cry so bad...
   "Miss Deshawn? "
   "Huh? Oh! I'm so sorry, I uh... I kinda zoned out. What were you saying again"
I looked at my father who laid on the hospital bed fast asleep. He looked older than he was supposed to, extremely stressed.
     "Don't be to hard on yourself Luna, believe in God. He's here. Your dad should rest, he needs more than enough of it. He just needs to faithfully take his medications and hopefully he'd get better. "
     I nodded. I didn't believe in that encouragement one bit. Get better my ass, that's same thing he said last 2 months, I think I'm gonna pass out soon
     "Thanks a lot doctor. I'd be here tomorrow morning to get him "
      "Of course Luna. I'd give you the details concerning the nutritionist tomorrow. He'd be fine. You take care"
With that being said, I kissed my dad's forehead and left.
Leaving that hospital gave me mixed emotions. What the hell was I gonna do.
Well I know what I'm gonna do
      " I'm gonna need a damn better job"
ASAP

*Jamari*I'm back in New York, my home town and even the oxygen in the air is gonna make me vomit

*Jamari*
I'm back in New York, my home town and even the oxygen in the air is gonna make me vomit. But then I'm gonna be seeing my grandma, that's the best thing about coming back. I got drafted, so here I am, gonna be playing for New York Knicks. What can I say, I'm on high demand, they need me so bad, my checks gotta be high before I give you my precious talent.
     I just bought a new crib,as far from my dad's house as possible. Don't got time and energy for him and his dumbass "wife". I need a lot of peace and calm from all the bullshit they come with.
      Janice...the greatest mistake I ever made. The greatest backstabber of all time, after all I...(sigh). I'm not gonna get to that.

Finally home. My man, Rameek put everything in order for me before I came. I was in love with my new home.
The car finally came to a halt.

    "Thanks Greg"      "Anytime boss"Stepping outta the car, I smiled as I took in the beauty of my glorious building

    "Thanks Greg"
      "Anytime boss"
Stepping outta the car, I smiled as I took in the beauty of my glorious building.
      "Mothefucking Carter"
      "Man Rameek, what's up brother "