Completes

A/N Okay, so this is a concept I have been toying with for a novel I am thinking of writing. I wouldn't use these characters or anything but it is in this universe. Basically there are Humans and Naturals. Naturals have magical abilities and are enslaved to the human race. They are bound to humans, so that they can only access their magic when they are given a special crystal that has been linked to their magic. They can only use the magic needed in that moment and if they try to use more they are punished. Sherlock is a Natural and John is his Handler, or the one he is bound to. Let me know what you all think. Enjoy <3

"Bring in the Natural." The Seer declared, the people that filled the large building cheering at his words. John twitched uncomfortably, he hated this ceremony. It was cruel and unnecessary. He wouldn't have even been here if the whole thing wasn't intended for him.

His father was gifting him with a Natural, a sign of peace between them. They had recently come to terms with their differences and the elder man wanted to show the town his prodigal son had returned. John fussed with the cuffs of his dress shirt and glanced around the room. He was clearly the only one here that was uncomfortable.

He had been to three Binding Rituals in his life, and he had hated every single one of them. He caught sight of movement at the back of the church and focused on the actions. The crowed got louder as a large pair of guards made their way slowly up the aisle, dragging a struggling form along with them. As they got closer, John could start to make out details of the man they were dragging.

He was tall and thin, but not sickly. He was clothed in robes that were far too big for him, hanging loosely off his shoulders as he was pushed and pulled along. His hair was a mess of unkempt, dark curls that hung low over his eyes. They reached the front, stopping at the bottom of the steps that led to the ceremonial table. The man's knees were roughly knocked out from under him and he grunted as he hit the stone floors. The people were still cheering as the guard roughly gripped the man's hair and yanked his head back, exposing his face to John.

John felt the oxygen leave his lungs as though he were struck by a train. The man was beautiful, pale skin stretched across sharp cheekbones. Pale eyes filled with pain and fear, but also a hint of pity hidden in their depths.

"Does this Natural suit you Doctor Watson?" The Seer asked, his loud voice silencing the crowd. John nodded, clearing his throat before speaking his assent. He could have sworn he heard the Natural growl over the crowd. "Then let us begin."

John stepped up to the table and watched as the guards pulled the man roughly to his feet. They forced him up the stairs and threw his thin frame roughly against the stone.

"If you would be so kind as to not break him." John snapped at the guards, sending them a withering glare. The muttered their apologies and continued their task, using much less harsh hands to remove the Natural's robe. His chest was a vast expanse of pale, unmarred skin, the sight leaving John a little weak in the knees. John watched as the man was forced to bend at the waist so his chest was pressed into the cold, unforgiving marble. His wrists were bound to avoid any struggle that may lead to more pain.

John made his way to kneel by the man's face.

"What's your name?" He whispered, keeping his voice low to avoid his gentle words being overheard by the guards or the Seer.

"Why do you care?" The deep baritone voice sent a chill down John's spine.

"I don't want this." The man's pale eyes met his and for a moment he could almost see the harsh comment building. Then something changed, and he gasped softly, understanding filling his eyes.