The Off Switch

A/N Just some cute babbles that I came up with to calm my anxiety ridden mind. Not my best but it's cute and I like it. Enjoy <3

Sherlock was in love with John, there was no denying that. The only problem was that John had no idea. Sherlock spent most of his time watching the shorter man, memorizing his movements and trying to determine the best way to talk to him. His blogger seemed completely oblivious to his feelings, and for that, Sherlock was grateful. He never noticed Sherlock watching him. It broke Sherlock's heart, seeing some of the things that John did when he thought Sherlock was in his mind palace. He would put down whatever book he was reading or blog he was typing and gazed out of the window, a deep sadness settling in. John was struggling with something, and whenever Sherlock would see these looks, he would be reminded of the first day he met the man. He had been severely depressed and Sherlock had known that if he didn't try to help him, John wouldn't be alive today.

Sherlock's phone rang and he answered, finding Lestrade on the other end. The Detective Inspector had a case for the both of them. Sherlock felt his stomach tighten. This would be their first case since John had moved back in and he was nervous. There was still a fair amount of tension between them. He bounded into the kitchen and collected his blogger, all but dragging him out the door. They made it to the scene and Sherlock automatically started deducing, allowing his thoughts to spill as fast as he could. This one was easy, but he took his time with it. He missed going on cases with the army doctor. He was just about to announce who had committed the crime, when John spoke, surprising everyone.

"Sherlock, can I take a guess?" Sherlock smirked and nodded, he liked it when John tried deducing. His friend walked around the body on the floor, his face twisted in concentration. He looked adorable when he was focusing. "It was the grandmother wasn't it?" Sherlock couldn't stop the shock that crossed his face. John was correct. It wasn't the first time he had correctly deduced something, but this was still a new thing for Sherlock.

"I'm impressed John, wherever did you learn that delightful skill?" John flushed at his words. He smiled proudly and straightened.

"I learned from the best." Sherlock felt his own cheeks darken at John's words.

"Well fantastic, it looks like we have another freak on our hands." Anderson's voice cut through the air and caused Sherlock to turn on his heels. No one was allowed to speak to John that way.

"Fuck off Anderson. John is a thousand times more intelligent than any of you here." He spun back on his heels and walked over to his blogger. "And he may be a freak, but he is my freak." Sherlock reached his finger up to gently poke the shorter man's nose. The reaction was immediate, John's cheeks getting darker than ever before and his lips parting in confusion. Sherlock was filled with embarrassment as his actions registered with his mind. He turned to Lestrade and babbled the details to an amused D.I. before racing from the scene, hoping to leave his embarrassment behind. He decided to walk home and try to settle himself. The more he thought about it, the more he decided there was no reason to be embarrassed. In fact, he actually found John's reaction incredibly adorable. He finally made it back to the flat, he found John pacing in the sitting room.

"Sherlock, where in the hell were you? I was worried, you just took off. What the hell happened back there?" The questions were flying from his friend's mouth as he removed his jacket and scarf.

"John-"

"You can't just take off like that Sherlock. Do you have any idea how worried I get when you suddenly go walking off like that?" He was clearly stressed and Sherlock didn't know what to do. He walked up to his friend and decided on a bold move. He wrapped his arms around the shorter man and pulled him close. They had only genuinely hugged once before, and it was the greatest thing Sherlock had ever experienced. John tensed in his arms and Sherlock pulled away, muttering apologies and backing away. He had no idea what was going on with him today, he just found it harder than normal to keep his hands off his blogger. John doesn't like physical touch, and Sherlock knew that. He hid his face and stalked past John, heading for the kitchen to put some tea on.