26 ; KIBA

Ah, 11:52pm, almost 12am. The new years was almost upon Korea, and I was sitting on my bed looking out the window with Seungmin next to me, his arms around my waist and his head leaning on my shoulder.

We were just peacefully watching the dark sky, and I had my old film camera out and was taking photos of Seungmin and the stars.

"Are we going to kiss at midnight?" Seungmin whispered, and I smiled softly.

"No, you don't deserve it." I teased and I felt Seungmin's head lift from my shoulder.

"You don't deserve it loser." Seungmin fought back and I chuckled and turn to face him. I quickly checked the time, and it was 11:56pm. I still have 4 minutes to tease him.

"Remember how you tripped me up yesterday outside of a restaurant?" I nodded exaggerating the situation, "I don't think you deserve a kiss because of that."

"Um excuse me, you did it first!"

"Um, when?" I replied exasperatedly. He was completely lying, and he was the worst for teasing. When we started dating, he was all sweet and considerate now he's a little lovable gremlin.

"The day before when I was going in your shower! You tripped me up and then hit me with a towel!" Seungmin said while hitting my shoulder lightly.

I quickly checked the time again, and the closer new years got. The reason we were waiting and looking out my window is because in the distance, the centre of Seoul had a fireworks show at exactly midnight. We wanted to watch them together. 

11:59:54pm

I smiled and looked at my boyfriend. His hair was messy, and his eyes were ringed red with tiredness. He wasn't smiling but he wasn't miserable, he was simply content, and cuddly. I didn't wait and when he looked at me, I simply pulled him in.

12:00:00am 

A lot of noises sounded out - the fireworks in the centre of Seoul, the alarm on my phone sounded for a few seconds and what sounded like a door unlocking. We didn't pull away, and our lips moved together like the casual sound of music.

New Years was a special time for me. It means - to me- that we can start afresh and truly start something new. I threw away everything that happened in 2020, and now I'm determined to focus on what's happening this year. This year, the year 2021, surely can't be much worse. Even if I started my relationship with Stray Kids and with Seungmin, so much shit happened last year that really made it one of the worst years ever.

I was certain this year, where we had so much planned as a group and as a couple, it was going to be near to perfect.

We pulled away and smiled at one another. His braces were shining under the light in my room. I could watch him forever. He turned away first and looked at the loud bangs of the colourful fireworks that we could see in the far distance. I guess it's perk of being on a high floor. They were red, blue and all sorts of oranges in the sky.

I wanted to keep kissing him.

"It's beautiful." Seungmin whispered as he picked up my camera and took a quick photo of the fireworks.

"Your beautiful-"

"Your cheesy, shut up." I didn't even get to finish my sentence...

"Whatever, you smell." I shrugged and Seungmin turned back to me with a smile, so I quickly pecked his lips again.

He put the camera down and kissed me harder. Pretty daring of him, considering our group members were just outside, probably waiting for us to come celebrate the new year with them. They probably thought something of us because we weren't with them. I pulled away gently, stroking his cheek.

"Happy New Year Wife." I teased with a cheek kiss.

"Yeah yeah." Seungmin rolled his eyes once, "Happy New Year husband."

"Well, we need to show our faces to the others so come on." I said and helped pull Seungmin off the bed to my door.

"That means we have to stop being gay, so stop that." Seungmin said as he pointed to me and I almost gasped.

"You're the one that's gay. You like me!" I replied in a whisper. He chuckled and opened my door and we walked to the kitchen where we heard a load of commotion and shouting. 

We walked in and the loud noise was coming from 6 drunk members. The only one who wasn't drunk was I.N because he usually expects a call from his family after midnight. Once we were spotted, Chan put a drink into our hands and told us to drink. I took a sip first to see what it was, and it was Soju and something else which I couldn't decipher. Looks like we're getting drunk on New Years too.