~~ 37. ~~

Please check the Author's Note below. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

*The most important thing in the world is family and love.* – John Wooden

Day 23 continues...

Yimika entered the jeep with Demilade and his secretary. She can tell the lady wasn't her fan. She didn't even look at her twice when she walked past her into the house when she came. Although she doesn't want to be judgemental, she can't help the feeling that the lady might have something with Demilade.

But something else was a big hindrance to her getting close to Demilade again.

It is the bitch he has in his house. But she wonders why the lady is in Demilade house. And she seems to have an aura of confidence and assurance around her. The worst was how Demilade couldn't even talk or scold her. He seem to lose his word, which was unusual. He didn't even get angry.

Is that how serious she was to him? She thought angrily. How time run so fast and how things change in a short time. She can't help but think he had forgotten about her. Their love especially. She knows they shared a special bond and she knew how Demilade was crazy about her.

Maybe it was.

It just pained her that it would be an arrogant, young sassy bitch that got to be enjoying all the money and the man.

But that won't make her stop trying.

She had come to confirm what Sholape said and to try to talk to Demilade again.

She turned in his direction. He didn't even look at her side since they entered the car. Aside from the question he asked his secretary about two people she don't know about, he had not said a word to her. It had been awkward.

He and his secretary had been on the phone making calls and it felt like she don't even exist in the car. She wished she had not come.

She looked out through the window and thought about how messed up everything was. It's like there is not any hope for her.

Demilade woke her up from her reverie when they get to the airport.

"Yimika." He called tapping her gently.

She turned in his direction and then she realized they were already at the airport.

"Oh sorry!" She apologized.

"It's all right." He said. "I'll be on my way now. The driver will take you home."

"Okay."

"Do you need anything?" Demilade asked. He could feel she want to say something or probably ask something from him.

She looked in the direction of the driver and his secretary. She could tell Uche was not doing anything on her iPad. She was listening to their conversations.

"No. Nothing." She replied. "Safe journey."

"Thanks. Take care."

"You too. Call me when you get back." She said.

He nodded and he climbed out of the car and Uche followed suit. The driver said some well wishes to them and they thanked him and head in the direction where his private plane was.

§§§§§

"Sis Lola," Daniel exclaimed when he opened the door for his sister. She was carrying one of the medium bags she took with her to Demilade's house.