~~ 60. ~~

*Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell. - Joan Crawford*

Demilade had resumed his work after his ordeal with his mom that morning. He was grateful she didn't push the topic further and then he finally left the house.

He spent almost all day in his office working.

"Are you not going for lunch?" Uche asked her boss, later when she came into his office.

"Isn't lunch break over already?" He asked without looking up from his desktop.

"It has." Was her short reply.

"Mr. Fareed and Adam said you will answer queries," Dayo said to his boss.

"Thanks for swaying them away." He said to Dayo not replying to the statement. He was too busy to go to lunch with his friends.

"It's nothing. I know you have a lot on your hand right now. But you need to go and eat." Dayo said.

"I'm fine. Just order any light food for me." He nodded and he went about to carry out his boss's order. "Uche what is the next thing on my schedule?"

"You have a twenty-minute break before you meet with the senator who wants to build the new lounge."

He shakes his head. "Mr Aliu at the federal hotel right?"

She replied with a nod.

"Okay. Order the food quickly while I sign the rest of the documents. I don't want any visitors till my next schedule." He told them

"Mr Demilade, Mr Bamidele is here to see you," Uche said and he jerk his head up.

"What?" He asked. "When has he been here?"

"Almost three hours ago."

"Three? Are you guys okay? You kept him waiting for three hours." He yelled and the two looked at each other wondering why he is taking the issue a bit personally.

"You said you don't want any visitors. And you didn't come out for lunch too." Uche said.

Demilade groaned and he rubbed his palm on his face.

"You should have at least told me that I have a visitor." He huffed. "Where is he?"

"In the visitor room," Uche answered.

Demilade stood up. "Both of you should leave." And he left them without saying any more word to his personal assistant and secretary.

§§§§§
H

e went to the visitor room where visitors wait for him whenever he was busy. He stood looking at the man in the room through the glass wall and he heaved a heavy sigh.

He was wondering what he had to say to the father of his girlfriend. The situation was very awkward. He was his driver and the father of the woman he loves which leaves him in a weird situation.

He wasn't sure why the man had come. Whether it was to talk about his relationship with his daughter or about his job that was currently on pause.

He had not prepared himself for it. But he can't send the man away. He was already feeling bad and guilty for keeping him waiting. He pondered what the man will think of him.

He heaved a heavy sigh before he opened the glass door and walked inside the room. The man was sitting comfortably staring at empty space.

"Good afternoon Mr Bamidele." He greeted bowing slightly.