~~ 68. ~~

*Forgive but never forget the lessons it taught you. *

Specially dedicated to all my awesome readers.

Demilade had refused to leave his study since he walked out of Lola's presence. He sat moping in his private library staring at the water fountain below.

He can't deny that he was hurt. He expected her to understand him more than anyone Instead she was the one preaching to him.

He wondered how they could easily tell him to forgive the man he hated the most. Why did he even have to come back? Didn't he say he wasn't his son and he never had anything to do with his mother? So why come back now opening old wounds? He thought angrily to himself.

Lola had let Demilade be. She gave him time to cool off his anger. Later in the evening when it was getting late, she decided to check on him before she leave, hoping his anger would have subsidies. She had promised her father that she will be returning that day, so it was time she leave.

She went to check in his room but he wasn't there. So she knew there was only one place where she could find him. Slowly, she walked up to his library. She had never been to that side of the room neither had she been into his private library. She knew he loves reading so it wasn't a surprise he have a library in his house. Since he also had one installed in the beach house.

She hoped he wasn't angry any longer. It was the first time they will be having a serious argument as that since they started their real relationship. He had not raised his voice at her like that either since they started dating. But she did understand that he is hurt and angry.

She typed in his usual password into the electronic pad installed on the door. It didn't work. So she tried his birth year and it worked. The door automatically opened and she stepped into the cold, dark room.

She walked into another paradise in the same house. Demilade never ceases to amaze her with the architecture and interior design of his house. He had practically built an office and a library in the room. The room was homey, a bit dark than the outside environment. Although, it was bright enough to read its interiors are made of dark woody materials. And it was cool and relaxing. The room smells like books, a little bit of insecticide, and oddly.... like him.

Everything was neat and well-arranged. It was also well-equipped. The books - that seems too much for one person to her - were neatly arranged on the polished woody shelves. There was a little bar at the corner of the room with two high stools. There was a small mahogany table at one side of the room with stationaries. All in all the room was amazing, to say the least!
She took her attention away from the beauty of the room and focus on the reason why she had come into the room.

She sighted Demilade sitting on a black leather office chair on the other side of the room behind the shelves. He was at the front, backing his semi-round mahogany desk that she knew cost a fortune with how polished and well-structured it is.

He was backing the entrance where she stood. A bottle of wine that she had never seen before was on the table with a small bucket of ice cubes, away from the books and desktop.

She walked around to meet him. He looked up at her when she appeared in his front. He was holding a glass of wine and his face was devoid of emotion. And it reminds her of those times she just met him when all he does was stare at her with the familiar blank expressionless face.

She waited for him to say something to her. But instead, he looked away and then took a sip of his white wine. She heaved a sigh and then leaned forward.