~~ 20. ~~

*Have you ever wondered what marks our time here? if one life can make an impact on the world.... Or if the choices we make matter. I believe they do. And I believe that one man can change many lives. For better.... Or worst.*

Day 15

           As promised Demilade didn't go out to work early. He waited for his mom to get ready and leave. He made sure her bodyguards had arrived before she left with her driver.

          He asked Deborah to pack some foodstuffs and snacks for her and his grandmother despite she insisted that she have enough at home. But he won't hear that.

         Lola said goodbye to the woman and went back inside the house leaving mother and son to have their moments alone.

           Minutes later, Demilade walked into the house. He asked Deborah to bring his bag while he take a seat in the living room. He brought out his phone and began to tap on it.

"Today is Monday, aren't you going to the office?" Lola asked.

            It was so unusual. He was sitting comfortably in the living room on a working day. A first day of work too. She knows he values his work more than anything. His friend also made mention of it.

          He looked up at her and answered. "I'm going. Why?"

"Nothing. But it is already past time that you used to leave for work. I thought you will be in a hurry to leave." She replied without hiding her thoughts.

           He just looked at her and Lola didn't bother looking away.

"I have some things to do. I will be leaving in probably an hour or less." He answered and turned back to his phone. But Lola nodded anyway.

             He didn't know why he explained himself to Lola but he actually did. It's kind of feels strange. But he pushed the feeling aside and continued with his work.

             A message popped up on his phone and it reminded him about something. He looked up from his phone.

            Lola is still sitting opposite him watching something on her phone that makes her smile. He is seeing that on her frequently. She is always smiling. But the annoying part was she never smile at him like that.

            He shakes the thought out of his head. He didn't know why he was thinking about something like that. He doesn't care if she smiles at the world like that and not him.

            He doesn't care. He doesn't need it. He said to himself.

"Lola." He called her name. She looked up at him and pressed something on her phone probably pausing the movie she was watching.

"Yes." She answered.

"Take." He gave her a credit card which he brought out of his work bag. She looked at the card before taking it from him. But before she could ask what is it about, he said. "That's my other credit card. You should make another hair. We might be going out early this week."

           Lola blinked her eyes. "You say?"

"What you heard." He said. Lola could tell he was getting annoyed already.

"But I just..." She didn't complete the sentences.

            She wanted to say she just made the hair two weeks ago. Now she had to make another hair when it is still perfectly okay.