~~ 87. ~~

*Romance is thinking about your significant other when you are supposed to be thinking about something else." ― Nicholas Sparks*

Demilade entered the room with a towel tied around his waist and one in his hands which he used in wiping the water from his head and face. He peered in Lola's direction where she sat in her night robe, lost in her thought on the black couch in the room.

The corner of his lips quirk slightly when he noticed she was staring at the ring on her finger. She lifted her hand slightly and the stones on the ring coruscated he couldn't help but give a short laugh before he took his attention away from her.

Lola was staring at the ring in her hand and all she could feel was the bubbling sensation of excitement and pride. She was finally going to get married and become a wife. Not just anyone's wife but Demilade's wife.

The billionaire wife.

It was still like a dream to her.

She never expected or dreamed that she will be proposed to on her 24th birthday. It was magical and a very big surprise.

It was still hard to comprehend. It was the best gift she could ever receive.

She grazed her other fingers on the top of the ring, smiling at herself.

Demilade took a seat beside Lola on the couch. She looked up at him and smiled. He was dressed in his pajamas and he smelled of his soap and cologne.

"You're done showering." She stated.

He replied with a nod. They were quiet until Lola raised her ring finger for him to see clearly.

"It looks amazing on you," Demilade said, admiring the ring on her.

She smiled and put her hand down. She curled into his arms, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"It's beautiful," Lola said like she was talking to herself. Demilade looked down at her head that was resting on his shoulder. He brushed the top of her hair with his right hand.

He turned to her and then at the finger, she laid on her thigh, staring at her ring finger where he had worn the ring for her. He noticed she hadn't seemed to concentrate on any other thing since they left the restaurant and came back to the hotel. It's like she was dreaming, finding it hard to accept reality. She would forget about it for a second but then her eyes would move back to her ring finger.

And she would be lost in whatever she was thinking. He let her have the time to ponder when they alighted the car and when they arrived at the hotel.

The night had been the best that he could ever imagine.

They both stared at her ring finger until she moved aside a little and looked up at him.

"You have nice eyes for accessories." She commented.

He shrugged. "I don't know. Why do you say that?"

"I remember the first time you bought me a present," She smiled, as she reminisced that day. "... you brought it to apologize to me. That necklace. I never admit it but honestly, it was so beautiful and... lovely."

"But you rejected it and we almost had another fight because of it," Demilade replied with a short laugh.

She nodded. "I know. I couldn't accept it because it was too expensive. I was scared that I might be robbed wearing it or you will think I was cheap."

"I never had such thought."

She glanced at him, saying. "That's what I thought and you almost made me believe it too, you know."