~~ 61. ~~

*Children have more need for models than critics. - French*

And  Victoria_yemi thanks for all your beautiful comments. Exaltedkudos glad to have you back.

Mr Bamidele sat with his daughter in their sitting room. She was sitting opposite him, arms folded on her chest. She had an apologetic look on her.

It's been almost a week since she told him about her relationship with Demilade. And she had been acting out of it until three days ago when she went back to her usual self. He guess she was tired of playing the angry daughter. But she had not talked to him about what happened.

Now that he was home, she had told him she wanted to talk to him after he had finished having his breakfast. He had intentionally left her to vent out her anger and whenever she was ready to talk she will come around. And he thinks she was ready.

"Daddy... I'm sorry for how I have been acting. I know you care about my well-being and that is why you said what you say. I'm sorry for acting rudely." She apologized looking down at her thigh.

"It's okay. You are back to your senses now, that is what matters. As a parent, we always want the best for our children. And it might not favour you as the child at that moment but eventually, you will learn. We have more experience and we are talking out of that experience. It's natural if you are angry. At least from this, I do learn you seem serious about your relationship with him." The man said to his daughter.

She nodded. He knew he won't apologize. How many Nigerian parents apologized to their children when they also do something wrong? They always find the perfect words to say aside from admitting that they might be wrong.

But it wasn't what she was expecting. She wasn't apologizing to hear him admit he was wrong. She just wants to do the right thing which she ought to have done for quite some time now.

"Thanks, daddy. I promise I won't act that way again." She said pouting.

The man chuckled. "Don't make a promise that you will break. We are humans and we are bound to make mistakes. You might get angry at me again and act the way you did. But it just shows that you are still a child. So it is okay."

"Okay, dad." She shakes her head. "But daddy can we talk about me and Demilade?" She asked.

The elderly man heaved a sigh and looked at his daughter.

"And what is it we want to talk about between the two of you?" He asked feigning unconcern. He don't want to seem like he was too relaxed with it.
He guess Demilade told her nothing about their conversation because she seem eager and anxious.

Lola suddenly made a puppy face.

"Dad... I like Demilade. Very much in fact. I promise he would be good. I can't do this without your support. I'm taking this very seriously and that is why I want you to support me. He is not your boss anymore. And I assure you that this is not a deal."

"Why do you think you can make this... Unexpected relationship serious? What if he breaks your heart tomorrow? What if he sees that you aren't good enough for him?" He asked her.

"I don't know everything but I am sure he feels the same way for me. Daddy, this is different. This is not the usual thing I felt when I was dating in high school. This is different. I'm always happy to hear his voice. I miss him terribly when he is not around. I feel elated around him. He always put a smile on my face without doing anything. His presence and his voice do that only. I still find it strange whenever I think about it sometimes.... that I could feel such a way about someone who was a total stranger to me until two months ago. Two months ago, I couldn't believe such will happen. Just do this for your baby girl. Please daddy please." She begged.