~~ 53. ~~

*Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could. - Barbara De Angelis*

Demilade woke up from the bed and Lola was curled up beside him. His face curled up to a small smile. It was nice to see her face again. She looked so beautiful and natural in the way she sleep on the bed. He could swear he miss her sleeping face. He always stared at her face for a while before he leave the room in the morning.

And he was doing the same thing that morning. He adjusted the pillow under her head properly and he placed a soft kiss on her forehead before he climbed down from the bed.

He left the room and went to the gym room. Bayo was already in the gym room using the treadmill. He had his earpieces in his ears. And he was staring at the distant sea and trees through the glass wall.

He walked over to his side and climb the other treadmill beside him. And that was when he noticed his presence. He pressed the paused button of the console and he smiled taking the earpiece out of his ears.

"Good morning." He greeted his friend.

"Morning. How was your night?"

"It was good. And yours?" He asked.

"Great too. It's nice to be back home." He replied. "You are up early today," Demilade said as he start the machine.

"I guess my body is too relaxed and I seem to wake up early than usual." He replied him. Demilade just nodded.

"So how was the business trip to Dubai?"

"It was fine. I came back immediately. I didn't want to take a night trip. So here I am."

"I see."

There kept running on the treadmill for a while until Bayo broke the silence.

"You should try to stay with Lola today. Don't make your grandma suspicious."

"I was going to do that." He turned to look at him. "Are you sure you want me to stay with Lola because of my grandma or do you want something else?"

"I'm not the only one that loves trying to get the word out of the other. But that is actually the main reason. It is quite obvious you have been avoiding her." He said and he looked out through the wall.

"It's not really that. It's.... just... Actually, yes. I have been avoiding her." He finally admitted. He stopped the machine and climbed down from the deck. Bayo also followed suit and they sat together on the only bench in the room.

Bayo took a bottle of water that was on the bench and opened it to drink it.

They sat together for a while in silence until Demilade spoke up.

"It's just so hard to know she might not have any feelings for me." Bayo looked at him.

"You are not sure about that." Demilade sneered before he sighed.

"I don't know Bayo. I felt something when we kissed. I know she also felt something but she said it was a mistake."

"Well, you should have disagreed with her. You should have convinced her otherwise." Bayo gave his thoughts.

He shrugged. "I'm not sure about that. I always thought being away from her will make the pain less painful when she is going or make the ache I'm feeling less tolerable. And probably will make me move on from... the feelings I am having. But it is not working. It's harder staying away from her. And harder pretending that I don't like her. This deal is supposed to help me. But... it's felt like punishment.