~~ 8. ~~

*The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now believe in it with all your heart. - ONE TREE HILL *

The rest of the week went the same way for Lola. She did the training with the women. Amara was quite good to work with but Sholape had an annoying character and she doesn't like her which she didn't border to hide.

And she hasn't spoken to Demilade in the last five days. On the sixth day when she couldn't stand any more pride with the lectures from the women, she ended the stupid lecture and decided to call him.

She dialled his business number which he used to text her about a week ago. And a woman answered the call.

"Hello. Good morning. This is the office of Demmy Empire. How can we help you?" The sweet voice said on the phone.

"Good morning. Please I want to speak with Mr Demilade."

"What's your name please?"

"Tiwalola Bamidele." She answered.

"Alright. Hold on a second." The woman said. Then she heard a clinking sound. Then Demilade annoying voice came on the phone.

"What is it, Lola? Why do you call?" He asked with exasperation.

Can't this man be any better? Lola thought. He was making her angry. But she hated to be rude. Her father taught her to be better than that.

"I'm done with the tutorial." She said.

"Are you sure..." then he stopped and said. "Okay. Come to my house tomorrow by seven forty-five. Don't keep me waiting." He said and hung up.

What the hell? Lola said between clenched teeth. Why is he treating her like trash? She doesn't have a problem with the time but his attitude was uncalled for. He ended the call without a goodbye. Rude. She thought.

She doesn't like him a bit. She had hoped he will be a little friendly. She wonder how her father coped with him all these years. He just has the face and the body but no heart.

He is heartless.

His behaviour had made her start having regret accepting the deal. She thought.

§§§§§

Lola arrived at his apartment fifteen minutes early thanks to her father. The gateman greeted her with a broad smile. He was nice despite his accent and was also friendly. She had liked him since the first time she met him.

The same lady came to open the door for her. She took a seat in the usual position. The black wide flat television on the wall was turned on and Wizkid and Olamide were singing 'Totori'.

Not long after she entered, Demilade walked into the living room from another part of the house.

He was not wearing his signature suit as usual. He was in an ash colour plain polo and shorts and a white towel was draped around his neck.

He looked at her and then at the TV. Then he sat while they did their usual routine of good morning and morning.

He was wearing his usual bored face. And Lola wondered what could have made him angry so early in the morning but she hoped he won't use whatsoever anger on her.

"How was your training with Shola?" He asked, surprising her. There was a tone of concern in his voice for the first time. And it was a bit surprising.

Maybe that is a good start.

"Good." She replied and he nodded. "And boring."

Now was his turn to look at her with surprise. He narrowed his eyes at her and looked at her quizzically.