~~ 36. ~~

*Falling in love is a subtle process, a connection sparked by attraction, tested by compatibility, and forged by memory -    Jay Bell*

Day 23

"Excuse me," Demilade said calmly as he walked into the living room where Lola was sitting and talking with her friends.

            They all stared up at him. The young man scanned his body with his eyes. And the lady whom he had noticed was gabby and too outspoken for his likeness, stared at him like she just saw some celebrity.

"Hello." He managed to say when he noticed them staring at him.

"Good morning." David greeted him and he finally looked away. He actually seem surprised that he greeted him.

             Ibukun cleared her throat making everyone turn in her direction. She opened her eyes wide in question, then shrugged.

"Good morning. You must be Mr Demilade. I'm Ibukun. Lola friend. That's David, our closest male friend." She introduced them when she noticed Lola is quiet. She had a mischievous grin on her face and she crossed her leg majestically.

              She watched Demilade look at her and he reluctantly nodded.

"Hi," Demilade said.

"We have heard a few things about you. I don't know how to say this. But we are so thrilled to enter such a house. Your house is nothing less than a castle. A villa." She said furrowing her brows and shaking her head in amazement.

"Uhn. Thanks." He appreciated. Although she was complimenting his house but he could tell the lady known as Ibukun intentionally wanted to waste his time. She knew he was in a hurry and Lola wasn't doing anything to stop her. In fact, she was relaxed without looking in his direction. So he quickly said to stop anything else she have to say. "I need to borrow Lola for a minute." And he turned to Lola who was looking anywhere but his face. "Let's talk. Meet me in the other living room. Excuse me."

"Wait.." Ibukun was saying and Demilade stopped but David called her name.

"Ibukun." He called. "Sorry, you can go," David said politely to Demilade.

             And he walked away without saying any other thing.

"What's that IB? We already agreed we are only here to see Lola." He cautioned her.

            She rolled her eyes. "Whatever! But geez is that the Demilade?" Ibukun asked immediately after he was out of sight.

             David and Lola both rolled their eyes. They knew she wanted to display some drama.

"Like you didn't just confirm it." David snorted and Lola smiled.

"So Lola you've been living with that man. God! He's hot and sexy. You've been staying with a Greek god. Is he a model? He should be." She said all at once and she bit her lower lip.

"IB." Lola groaned.

"Ibukun can't you be serious for once," David said.

"Tell me the truth, Dave. Is that man not handsome and hot? Just look at his fresh toned skin and the abs. God, I will be dreaming of him, if I was living with him. Let's be honest, he is just too fine. Lola, you get luck o. (Lola you are lucky)." She ranted.

"Is that your plan? To come and tell me how handsome the man I am living with is." Lola asked.

"Not really....."

"I told her not to do anything crazy. You won't have like what she was planning either." David cut her short.

"Lola, he wants to see you," David said when she picked up a bottle of orange drink.