Chapter 15

Clara POV
It's very sunny today, I don't like sunny. I made sure I reached the office on time as I don't want to risk getting fired. I have heard and also witnessed a lot of people getting fired, and I don't want to experience getting fired on the first day as a real employee.

Now that I am done with college, I can actually work like Mr.Johnson and I have discipline in our very first meeting, not maybe the first but an official one.

So.. from today I am actually gonna experience some real work even though I have been working for 2 years already and also had faced some challenges like being afraid to lose a job, or being left on the roads homeless and hungry.

I entered the office like any other day but early and everything looked same. People fresh and ready to start their works, heals clicking on the floor, people greeting each other.

I walked to the reception to meet Jade like I have been doing everyday for the past 3 months. It has been my daily routine.

I soon as I reached her she greeted me with her evergreen smile and I returned it heart fully. It was the same like any other day but yet it felt different. It is different in a way. And I get all these good vibes. Maybe today would be bright.

We talked for a while. She is the closest one to me in this office. For the past 3 months we have gotten closer than I expected.

"Oh.. I totally forget about it. How was your 'little party'?" She quoted with a smile. I told her I was going out with my friends. When she asked if it was a party. I said it wasn't really a party but u can call it a little party.

I smiled at her. She always has this cheerful mode on. "It was good but very eventful." I said.

"Why doesn't that sound good."

"Because it isn't."

"What happened though."

"It's a long story. I will have to tell you later. For now.. I should be going."

"Yeah.. you should." She gave me a knowing smile indicating the risk I would put myself into if I was late. "But.. we are talking about this in lunch." She continued.

"For sure. Bye." I said already starting to walk.

"Bye." She shouted out to me, loud enough for me to hear.

I had to wait for the lift as there is a huge group already waiting for the lift. I had to wait for my turn to get in. There weren't much I was able to go in the second round.

When I reached the floor, I got off the lift and walked my way to the office and met Jane on my way and greeted her.

I knocked before entering Mr.Johnson's office room. Never know what might be happening in his room, just some caution I received.

"Come in." I heard his voice and followed his order like an obedient person that I am.

"Good morning Mr.Johnson." I greeted him and he just nodded his head in return. You know it wouldn't hurt to greet back.

"What do you want me to do sir?" I asked him. All his schedules and meetings are arranged by Jane, his personal assistant. He asks me more like orders me to send some mails, check some files and clear things up with different departments.

He asked me to send some mails, check few files and make a presentation for a meeting today like any other day, nothing seemed different so far.

It takes time to check the files and make the presentation, but I should do it.

Johnson's company deals with furniture. Sometimes, even hotels order furniture from us and we design specially for them. We have recently introduced a new product and that is what the meeting is about. Should there be any developments, how the product is working and so on.